Just an Internet User Passing Thru
He won't be signed until July 10.

Fixed..........there ain't a damn thing on that Rockets roster that the Lakers would want to receive in a S&T deal, since the Lakers' plan now is prepare for a rebuild after the end of this upcoming season.

The biggest irony of them all is that the Lakers are even considering a rebuilding plan, since the Lakers are known for "rebuilding on the fly" as they say

Digital Artist
Dwight Howard is taking his talents to southeast Texas and I don't know he will fit with the Rockets. James Harden is a ball-hog so I don't know these two guys are going to co-exist. What's going to happen in crunch time? Will Harden be the playmaker or will he pass it down low to Howard where Howard will usually get fouled? What does this mean to Omer Asik who is deserving of a starting Center spot? What about Jeremy Lin too? Too many questions right now.

I also don't understand the Iguodala signing with the Warriors either. On paper, he's going to improve the team on defense big time. The Warriors will have a legit SF who can slide to SG when needed. But wait a minute, there's Klay Thompson who played well last season and Harrison Barnes stepped up during the Playoffs. Does this mean Barnes goes back to the bench and probably see his growth stunted? Most likely yes. I'm getting tired of all these player movements in the NBA. Players don't even last long with a team anymore.

is Mayor of Farmville
Howard moving to Houston means Omer Asik will prolly head elsewhere, as word has it that Asik don't wanna be backup (or within miles) of D12.

Regardless, if Dwight is serious about running with Harden and Linsanity for the championship, he better damn well deliver just like LeBron did. I mean...it seems that Dwight's biggest priority is to have fun as well. The Lakers' locker room was probably too stifling for him, even though just wearing the uniform gave him an immense popularity boost, because of the pressure from Kobe.

In the end though, I like this move for the Lakers, and I am a Laker Hater (because they just hog the spotlight like always). Dwight was never a fit for the team, especially with how the roster is just a roughshod patchwork of talented players rather than a team whose skills complement each other. And all the drama surrounding him, Kobe, and D'Antoni was very distracting, and I think it was poison to the locker room chemistry.

From here on out, with Kobe still recovering, the Lakers could probably stay put with what they've got, Though I think they should work trade deals to surround Pau Gasol with complementary pieces. I am aware that deals like that may wreak havoc down the line especially when Kobe comes back, but....The Lakers should assume that Kobe will skip out the season like Derrick Rose did and do those moves anyway, especially if they want to chase for the playoffs (baby steps, peeps).

"Superman" needs to go to "Dream" Training Camp if he wants to play in Houston. Hey, Amare Stoudemire did it...abeit late though.:sweat:

Some kind of Beast mode
Random rant. In 2k13 MyPlayer they bring my player grade down half a bar because the CPU couldn't decide which player I should be guarding...That's that shyt I DON'T LIKE.

lol Anyone watching Summer League? The only people catching my eye are the bigs. O'Lenick, keep that last name in your minds because he is going to be great. He's on the Celtics.

Random rant. In 2k13 MyPlayer they bring my player grade down half a bar because the CPU couldn't decide which player I should be guarding...That's that shyt I DON'T LIKE.

Yeah, I hate when that happens. You're guarding one person and then all of a sudden the arrow switches telling you to guard the original person.

Any reactions to the news story about Dwight wanting Kobe to pass the "torch" to him. Dwight wanted a clear answer as to when he'll be the main man, but Lakers management said there isn't. I mean it is what it is as he's going the Rockets, but you just don't get passed the torch, you have to earn it.

Kobe will retire when he wants to. He's been a Lakers for 17 years. You can't make him stop playing. Dwight will never be the main man on a team. He's not going to be able to handle it like in Orlando.