Garo - The One Who Shines in the Darkness - Episode 13

S

scikaiju

Garo_zpsb38baf7e.jpg

Here you go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Garo 13:

- Is that Buuba/Bo Garden/Oyobu/Dr. Ashura? Reduced to little more than a cameo?

- Yes, why is Ryuga the only one getting in kills? Why don't Takeru and Aguri take turns? (Aguri didn't use his armor in the tunnel)

- Aguri is not making himself very endearing in this episode acting like a jerk toward everyone, despite whatever reason he might have.

- I know this is an emotional scene, but Takeru's overacting, just like las time, doesn't service it.

- So only Ryuga gets to transform in an episode that features all the Knights doing things? Really?

(Ok, they do get to use their armor, but only for a funeral. They're being sorely underused.)

- This new ED isn't as good as the first one. It seems to be a trend since Season 2.

Disappear into light!!
- Is that Buuba/Bo Garden/Oyobu/Dr. Ashura? Reduced to little more than a cameo?

Eh, he's a stuntman. And it's a small role and a cameo. He plays a Madou Horror and had some fights scenes. That's good enough, really.

- This new ED isn't as good as the first one. It seems to be a trend since Season 2.

I think Promise is a better song than Predestination, but that's just me, I guess. As for the new ending theme, I'll have to listen to it more before passing judgement. Sadly, though, I didn't like the second opening much.

Silver Giant
So they changed the song of the OP but not the visuals? That's just lazy...
Anyway, good chapter.

Wow so this whole time Horror's have been eating people! I-I-I-...wait...didn't we already know that?...

They transformed FOUR TIMES this episode! That's FOUR WHOLE SECONDS of armor! Is it Christmas? Why are we being so spoiled?! What did we do to deserve four seconds of armor?!

What's with the Rian abuse the past two weeks? This time she got punched in the face two times in a row! Look at that face! It's a travesty to do such a thing! Just go back to eating people Horrors! And what color is her hair? It's like blonde but not blonde, like also red...like if you were to walk into a salon and say "I want [that color]!" What would "[that color]" be?......Just asking for a friend...a female friend...who is my friend...and female...

Last edited:
Pretty good episode. The hunt for Madou Horror has begun. I like the Madou Horror detector, the face's got a creepy feeling to it. Not sure about the funny sound effect though. I'm glad to have some character development for Aguri. He is the archer archtype, takes pride in his skills and when his skills no longer work, he at first chose to run away, but in the end he has proven himself a Makai Knight and really does care about those he protects more than his pride.

I know that Takeru is a character who expresses himself solely through his feelings, but the actor really overacted in the factory scenes. It sorta ruins an otherwise rather emotional scene.

Loving the funeral pyre.

I don't think the new op and ending are bad per se... and it's great to have JAM Project back doing Garo, but reusing the same images for both the op and the ed is just plain lazy and they just don't mesh well with the new songs attached to them.

The hunt for the Madou Horrors is off to a good start, and Zaruba still up to insult others. His presence is, as always, sorely missed.

I assume the Madou Horrors turn humans into rations so that they don't ever feel the need to consume like regular Horrors do so that they can maintain their cover and be "above" their normal Horror brethren.

The scene in the factory was pretty powerful, even with Takeru's overacting, and I was as horrified as the Knights were. At least I can better understand Takeru going crazy over seeing the family now more than when he did it before.

Aguri finally lightening up and acting human for once was nice, but I feel it would've benefited had he gotten a bit more focus in the first cour. Like having an episode that tells his story, establishes why he is how he is, and then end with him beginning to change, instead of it just coming in one episode. I would've preferred that over the Bright Hope episode.

The action wasn't anything to write home about, but the final fight reminded me that I wish the Madou Horrors didn't just have to be killed by Garo. Now, I can understand placing major focus on the Golden Knight above the other Knights, but pasts seasons have never had to do it at the expense of the other Knights. Here we have Ryuga transforming all the time while the other Knights are basically acting as sidekicks in their own focus episodes since they can't finish off the Madou Horrors. At least in Takeru's last focus episode he armored up and actually fought back against the main Madou Horror.

Last edited: