The new Tendou Souji
1g3b.jpg

Writer: Junko Kōmura

With Mayu now Kamen Rider Mage, she focuses her attention on her former sister Medusa, with Haruto asking her what her true goals are now that she is a witch. Meanwhile, Sylphi continues its attack on Yuzuru, just as the Shiroi Mahoutsukai gains interest in the young boy as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Haruto didn't have a reason to distrust Fueki, he does now. Since Fueki has now kidnapped Yuzuru to force him to become a Mage, despite choosing not to become one even after he was able to seal the Phantom within himself.

I thought that was a great episode.

- For those who wanted Mayu to be a third rider in this show I honestly don’t think you could (realistically) have asked for more than what we got in this episode. Her introductory fight was imo at least just as impressive as Beast’s and the way she interacted with the rest of the regulars was really what I would have imagined for a new character joining the show (as opposed to someone who just shows up to tie up a loose plot point by killing Medusa and then gets immediately written back out of the show). Looks aside, Mage is presented as being just as much a “mahoutsukai” as Haruto is – she can use the different rings, the Wizarswordgun, connect, recharge Koyomi etc. She can even do two things that Haruto so far can’t (1) use teleport and (2) actually avoid being tied up and drained of mana by Medusa (is that three times Haruto has fallen for that already?)

- The first time the two ultimate forms were used together felt like a bit of overkill for poor Sylph. I actually felt sorry for the guy when he was being kicked around by Haruto and Beast while Gremlin and Medusa were chilling in the corner and couldn’t be bothered to lift a finger to help.

- I previously didn’t think that Wiseman and White Wizard were going to be the same person, but now I don’t see how it can go any other way. With so little episodes left I don’t see how they can build Wiseman up to be memorable threat given that he has been so passive all along. The show has also been making a mystery out of Wiseman’s human form and since WW turned out to be a previously unknown character it would feel quite strange if we introduce yet another new character as Wiseman’s human form so late in the game.

- It was cool to see White Wizard fight Beast, although I can’t shake the feeling that the WW suit was designed more to stand around and look cool rather than get into actual martial arts fights.

- At this point is it still possible for White Wizard to not be evil, what with the whole kidnapping children and attacking the police? Given that the White Wizard Driver is the last big hurrah in the Wizard toy line (from what I can tell) I never would have thought that they would base in around an outright evil character.

- I was and still am ok with the Mage suit's looks but her helmet does look really ugly especially compared to Haruto and WW's. Also, does Mage have a tail??!?

Otaku University Student
A804Cmkv_snapshot_0402_20130630_232929_zps1c418352.png

The costume's been growing on me quite a bit, especially after seeing it in movement. Seriously, in some poses, even the helmet looks really bad-ass. It also helps that they didn't nerf Mayu's abilities and fighting prowess.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Solid episode. Great action and some nice developments in the story. I'm still in awe of Fueki's flute-spear like thing. Badass.

SLICE
Hey, the first thing that's made me want to watch Wizard!

41 goddamn episodes in.

Fangtaku
I think what bothers me about Mage's suit is that it looks like normal clothes with a bit of armor over the top, not a full suit like the other Rider suits.

I mean... if I were gonna cosplay it, I shouldn't be able to go down to the goodwill and buy the base and only need minor modifications to get the pieces right.

For Fueki, he going to do whatever it takes to stop the Phantoms. Even if others disagree with his methods. However those methods are almost no different than Wiseman's.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I'm not as invested in Mayu as I would otherwise be, purely because I find it strange to see a single actor playing twins. But as a female Rider actually appearing in the show, and a break from the "two Riders only" format, I welcome her regardless of suit

I also applaud Fueki for doing bad things to Kizaki. You go, Fueki!