I liked him when he wasn't a god
I think Shunpei's was more stupid.

"A monster just burnt my library book and has no intentions to kill me!Oh no, I'll have to pay a $10 fee to the library!"

We all know that was supposed to be symbolic of destroying his dream to be a wizard. You may argue this wasn't done well; but it wasn't JUST about a book.

Similarly with Rinko's locket, supposing she had no other physical item to remind her of her father? Imagine that your house burnt down and every picture of someone you had loved was destroyed. Yes, you would have your memories, but you'd still be upset.

There are no tension because we know the writers have no balls to kill off any innocent victims.

I suspect that will be what will lead to Wizard getting his final form. I could be wrong.

On a minor note, but still annoying to me: In the space of four years we've gone from W, where there was a roughly equal number of male and female Dopants, to Wizard where Medusa is the ONLY female Phantom. **** you too, Wizard.

The guys in the JEFusion comment section hate everything.You just noticed this now, but look at whenever there's a rumor that's probably not even true.They go ahead and start criticizing it before they even know anything.
Actually, I noticed it months ago but at that time there wasn't much of it. But as the months went on, it just got more common and it makes me want to stay away from JEFusion. Also, most of the people that comment on stuff there are whiny nutjobs.

And to Blaze Dragon, yes, I was that guy you used to know. Nice to see you again :)

We all know that was supposed to be symbolic of destroying his dream to be a wizard. You may argue this wasn't done well; but it wasn't JUST about a book.

Similarly with Rinko's locket, supposing she had no other physical item to remind her of her father? Imagine that your house burnt down and every picture of someone you had loved was destroyed. Yes, you would have your memories, but you'd still be upset.

Definitely, I'd be upset. But to the extent that I'd feel there's no hope for the future?

The show makes it seem that, to Gates, important abstract concepts (such as memories and hopes/dreams) are inextricably linked to actual physical objects, and that hardly seems like a situation that is relatable.

I mean, it makes sense, but it's hard to feel for it because it's hard to imagine yourself in that situation.

Definitely, I'd be upset. But to the extent that I'd feel there's no hope for the future?

The show makes it seem that, to Gates, important abstract concepts (such as memories and hopes/dreams) are inextricably linked to actual physical objects, and that hardly seems like a situation that is relatable.

I mean, it makes sense, but it's hard to feel for it because it's hard to imagine yourself in that situation.

I see where you're coming from now, yes. I guess in context of the show I always saw it as a last straw kind of thing - like in the bigger scheme of things a book or a locket isn't much, but when you're already on the edge it can push you over

It has the same problem every series since Kabuto (except, arguably, Fourze) had with extremely forced comedy, but at the same time it hasn't got an interesting plot or characters.

Fourze's comedy got incredibly forced too. It honestly helped diminish the otherwise 'disturbing' aspects of that show. Rider trying too hard to be light these days, and doing a poor job of it at that, kills a lot of the drama.

Even in the series, when she's shown to be working as a detective instead of as failed comedic relief, she's definitely great. Yet, this is ENTIRELY UNDERUSED. Instead, she's most of the time just more bad comedic relief. Rinko is my favourite character in this series and she's just so badly used, sigh. You could've given Ichijou a run for his money, girl. Maybe in a better series.

Agreed. The police in Wizard are just slightly more competent than the ones in W, which itself was disappointing after what we saw in Kuuga and Agito. And whatever happened to the Kizaki and Section 0 plots?

Shunpei...go die, please. No role whatsoever in the series apart from awful "comedy". Worst character by far. I have no idea what they were thinking with him, none at all. He could've been great with but one single change: have him surpass despair on his own, just like Haruto and Mayu did. Instead of the White Wizard taking him, have him train under Haruto himself as a magician. Follow his dream. Have him mature from his childish self into a true hero. This, of course, never happens, and even if it did, he probably wouldn't have grown because Wizard has zero character development, another gigantic flaw.

I too would have liked to see Shunpei become Haruto's "student" or "tutee" while Haruto himself is learning from Wajima, his substitute for the White Wizard. But to make Shunpei's dream be an actual wizard? No, that just came off as dumb. Maybe a peculiar interest in alchemy, old magic, the occult, etc., and being a Gate gives him the ability to use magic like Haruto? That could have worked better.

And of course, DON'T MAKE HIM A COMPLETE IDIOT!

Fourze's comedy got incredibly forced too. It honestly helped diminish the otherwise 'disturbing' aspects of that show. Rider trying too hard to be light these days, and doing a poor job of it at that, kills a lot of the drama.

A show for children should be light. It doesn't mean it shouldn't have drama, but kids love slapstick and silly stuff, it's hard to imagine Rider without it

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Fourze's comedy wasn't really that forced or bad. It had a lot of charm, and was really elevated by Fukushi, Shimizu and Tanaka's acting. (Though Tanaka, like Nadeki Takeshi, is an owarai geinin, so that's to be expected of him.) Though as the season went on there were some misses (like Yuuki suddenly going crazy and became a nuisance), I would argue the majority of its comedy succeeded because Fukushi and Shimizu were naturally effervescent people.

But Shunpei's actor and Nagase aren't very good at comedy.

A show for children should be light. It doesn't mean it shouldn't have drama, but kids love slapstick and silly stuff, it's hard to imagine Rider without it

Kuuga - Hibiki? Whatever slapstick they had was at a minimum.

Fourze's comedy wasn't really that forced or bad. It had a lot of charm, and was really elevated by Fukushi, Shimizu and Tanaka's acting. (Though Tanaka, like Nadeki Takeshi, is an owarai geinin, so that's to be expected of him.) Though as the season went on there were some misses (like Yuuki suddenly going crazy and became a nuisance), I would argue the majority of its comedy succeeded because Fukushi and Shimizu were naturally effervescent people.

What I mean to say is, look at the premise of Fourze: a high school that's secretly run by a Heaven's Gate-ish cult (backed by a secret organization that funds other criminal groups) that uses its students as guinea pigs to test a power and recruit new members so that they can ascend to meet some alien entity. Opposing them is a Randall McMurphy-esque kid who steadily shakes up the atmosphere of an otherwise "leave me alone" student body.

That's heavy material that needed more developing. Instead the show was made lighter than necessary with the cast constantly acting silly or over-the-top. What if Kuuga or Agito had been treated with the same approach? The impact of their stories would've been lessened.

I'm not saying every one of Fourze's delves into comedy was bad. But there has to be some balance. Post Den-O Riders I don't think really achieve that (W may be the best of them). They're all trying to incorporate some aspect of Den-O as possible, not just the comedy but even the two Riders per show, focus-on-the-victim, etc. formulas. I feel both Liveman and Megaranger handled each of their aspects that Fourze combined together much better on their own than Fourze did.

As for Tanaka, I hated Ohsugi just as much as I do Nitou and Shunpei. He was such a waste of a character. I would've really liked to see a teacher like Godai's or Kouichiro's in Megaranger at AGHS that could interact with the heroes and give them advice. Ohsugi is just a sniveling wreck.

Zakutor Slasher Best
Toys.

It woks for me! I have a bin of over 2,000 toys that I have in my room, they mean everything to me! If they were taken away or burned, I would go into despair.