Banned
It's because it is the show that is currently airing, that is why. The one problem with weekly shows is that the full story is hard to grasp over the course of a year than it is when watching the entire series in 4 days (which is how I watched W-Fourze).

Wow that is the single most insulting thing I have heard today. You are saying people that watch toku are to slow to follow a show that last 1 year. Sorry but that is pure hogwash. There is nothing hard to grasp about a Japanese kids show that lasts 1 ep a week for a year. I am sorry if it's to much for you to grasp, but please don't assume that's the case for the rest of us.

Banned
actually it's not that bad. In fact, it's actually pretty good during the arcs of medusa, phoenix, and gremlin. But other than that we got a lot of fillers, but that has been the problem ever since around W (But I guess W made the fillers more interesting). I would actually argue that from now on they should make the next series to a 26 episodes show just like Garo XD

And this show is not over yet. Like everyone said, this show does have its potential. Sometimes you know the staff hits the right button (like no one expected Mayu to become a wizard back in episode 27(?), but at the same time it made perfect sense that there could always be another person who could also overcome the despair like our hero. To me it was one of the best surprising twists for heisi riders) so let's wait and see

And (I will get flamed for this XD) it's at least a lot better than fourze (it's 100% my opinion)

Had potential. That potential died around episode 12. Fourze had a coherent story. Even the people that hated it half to admit that it's story is 100X more clear than what ever story wizard is trying to tell.

Banned
Here's a probably response from these people:

"'Cuz its sucks, yo. U dig tht stuff? Ya suck an u will allwayz will 4 likin' that Weezard!!!"

Because people obviously expect Showa Kamen Rider or early Heisei quality in the age where its basically given:

-They all have forms

-No more heroes. And if there are any, they're "too wimpy" or "not realistic enuf"

-Because people want the same crappy production qualities no other than for nostalgia. Writing I can understand, but I'd rather them give the older Riders refreshed designs in line with modern times [because they are producing new suits anyways]

-Forget its not a family show like Sentai any longer, because they are wussy [though it was perfectly fine to have pedophile kibble that's the staple nowadays in their anime.But blood is unacceptable?] about actually explaining that real life isn't a sanitized bubble. Its getting as bad as the US.

-Change sucks, therefore it will always suck. Bad stupid changes are bad, but changes that are good can revolutionize a franchise and renew it.

You know nothing you said here makes any sense in the context of the threads topic.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
(in fact, I wish Shunpei and Koyomi would just die, as they are useless characters).

This is what bugs me: It's obvious from the early episodes and OP that Koyomi is supposed to be important. But just to have Makoto Okunaka in the cast, they hired her for what should be a main role even though she cannot commit to the filming schedule. Yes, she's a popular idol but will she really draw in viewers when she's barely in the show? When they do try to make Koyomi important (such as the Infinity arc) it feels redundant because she's not doing anything the rest of the time. I'm guessing it's going to be the same when they get round to the issue of who she really is/resolving her arc. Koyomi was marketed as the female lead of the series but for all intents and purposes that's been Rinko.

In response to the OP's question: I think there are more people who are just disappointed and/or bored with the show than who actually hate it. The main reason seems to be that it got a LOT of hype before it started and, by and large, people have decided it didn't live up to that. I keep seeing comments like "but it had a theme that couldn't go wrong, how did they get it so wrong?"

Friendship and the Cosmos.
It's funny because Kobayashi in a bad year with constant meddling from upper management could write a better series filled with surprises and interesting characters. OOO was pretty damn good when it had to be and the finale still gets to me.

But yeah, like Lazy mentioned above, people are just disappointed. The show tries to follow what other shows have used with success in the past, only to have meager returns because they can't seem to execute it right. The show just hasn't kept anyone's attention, despite Kida laying down some overarching plot threads throughout the show. The show isn't bad as much as it mundane and reliant on the audience to be deceived by flashy (but in the end, empty) fight scenes and charmless comedy.

The show isn't bad as much as it mundane and reliant on the audience to be deceived by flashy (but in the end, empty) fight scenes and charmless comedy.

On a slightly unrelated note, that's what I felt like when watching Kamen Rider Kabuto.

Except more people got deceived by Kabuto.

but the show keeps trying to make him an stoic cool character, which is something that has been done before. And Better.

... Not really no.

The only few stoic cool main Riders I can think of is Takumi and Tendou, but Takumi got his characterization literally summed up in the clunkiest way possible in episode 5, and Tendou despite all the efforts of making him "most awesome Rider ever tm" is uncharismatic as they come, which then gets overshadowed by the efforts of making him " the most awesome Rider ever".

Unless ow I'm completely forgetting something, which is possible.

Those two aren't stoic, they are just assholes.

... Which makes the standard for stoic cool Riders even lower.

Unless we are counting the Secondary Riders, but unfortunately I haven't watched Ryuki.

Of course there is the Showa Riders, but I'd hardly call anyone there to be stoc and cool.
Had potential. That potential died around episode 12. Fourze had a coherent story. Even the people that hated it half to admit that it's story is 100X more clear than what ever story wizard is trying to tell.

You mean actual potential, or high fantasies imagined by people who mistake it as potential?

Last edited:
K

Kamen Rider IXA

When I started watching Wizard I told myself "be ready for another big piece of crap like OOO and Fouzre". Seriously, by the star of Wizard I had already lost all of my hope for Kamen Rider. Show was as good as dead for me, after two previous seasons and all these shitty crossovers. So I though I would end up hating Wizard, two. But... it really left good impression for few first episodes. It wasn't great, but it was kinda fascinatingly.I liked 10s episodes even more, through they aren't that inportant for plot. 20s were simply badass. I haven't watched second half of the show, yet, but I had my fun with first half. It wasn't brilliant or horrible, it was ok for modern Toku.

Still I don't like some things in Wizard
- Main Chars. Most of them are just boring. Haruto included, through he the most interesting Main Rider, since Shotaro Hidari.
- Not a single gate has been turned into Phanton during first half of show.Come on! Even Kijma became Canser in Fourze.
- Medusa or Phoenix don't really do much. They just... do nothing, except for finfing new gates. I liked them both, but they both are wasted.
- Story arcs are trying to be connected, but there are still too many fillers and boring episodes.
- A lot of potential is also wasted.

Last edited by a moderator: