So,is supersentai better than ever or on the verge of decline

Aging tends to make us nostalgic, sometimles bitter. A lot of people prefer the sentais of the 80-90's, as wel as a lot of gamerw il prefer oldest video games. However, are they completely wrong, or is there something that actually makes older sentais better?

Most of times, complaints are about stories having gone too light, and then people will explain that super sentais are intended for kids and must show light because we experience hard times(economical crisis,terrorism,etc)

However, a lot of fairy tales are actually as dark as oldest super sentais, and even much more. After all there are stories of cannibalism, men killing their wives, crualty....Some sentais were actually violent, not because of blood, well not only, but also because they talked about important themes.

Villains used to be worthy of being remmbered, and had a past, a story that made you remember them.Who will remember the main villains from gokaiger in ten years?

Then comes the ide of sales. Some disliked sentais have had wonderful sales, while sentais with good stories ha dpoor ones; but that doesnt depend only on the quality of the show: it depends on the marketting, the economical context, what is trendy or not at the moment....

Then, there is the "modern actors are much better globally". I have no particular opinion about this.I preferred when whos featured young adults rather than teenagers, or 30's year people.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Most of times, complaints are about stories having gone too light, and then people will explain that super sentais are intended for kids and must show light because we experience hard times(economical crisis,terrorism,etc)

However, a lot of fairy tales are actually as dark as oldest super sentais, and even much more. After all there are stories of cannibalism, men killing their wives, crualty....Some sentais were actually violent, not because of blood, well not only, but also because they talked about important themes.

People complain that we sanitise fairytales too much as well, and yet Disney's still going strong. Didn't Toei re-write Ohranger not just because of the Aum Shinrikyo issue, but also because it was felt that after the terrorist attacks/earthquake people would not want to watch the show that was originally planned? And that was back in the '90s.

Villains used to be worthy of being remmbered, and had a past, a story that made you remember them.Who will remember the main villains from gokaiger in ten years?

The kids who were watching that year will remember the heroes, which is what Sentai's about. And I get the feeling Basco will be remembered, even if not the others. There's a middle ground between Gokaiger and the villain-dominated Gekiranger, but Japanese fans do not seem to like shows that focus heavily on the villains. They complained about Rio and Mele getting too much focus, they even complained about Brajira getting too much focus in Goseiger.

I strongly disagree with the idea that villains are as important as or even more important than the heroes. I won't debate that here but the bottom line is that if Toei thinks strong villain storylines won't attract kids, they won't write them.

Then, there is the "modern actors are much better globally". I have no particular opinion about this.I preferred when whos featured young adults rather than teenagers, or 30's year people.

A lot of earlier Sentai teams had teenagers and 30-year-olds. Look at Zyuranger where the heroes went from 16 (Dan/Boi) to 30 (Burai), or Gingaman from 17 (Saya) to 30-ish (Hyuuga), or Megaranger where the whole team were schoolkids save for 27/28-year-old Silver ...

Nope. Save for a few details, its mostly nostalgia.

But for the details, I'd say fighting choreography, the use of traditional effects and the non-sugarcoated series [people could die, bleed on occasion, and be used to move the story in a dramatic way] which allowed the story to not talk down to its audience.

While the core elements are somewhat the same and thus leading to the nostalgia part, I'd say that since I watched them outside nostalgic influences, it can give me a better eye towards older sentai.

Goranger-Denjiman. Seen only one episode of Denjiman and JAKQ, and watched the JAKQ vs Goranger special and I wasn't exactly drawn to the show. From what I've heard , Go-Denjiman would be very hard to watch all the way through including the films , but it didn't really draw me in.

Sun Vulcan- 5 episodes of this time. Watched it mainly because it was chosen as a candidate from Marvel for a dub and it doesn't disappoint. Its like a Silver Age Marvel comic mixed with Roger Moore Bond. Probably the most interesting.

Goggle Five-Dynaman -1 and its interesting, but still, not interesting enough to continue. I want to see Dynaman only because of the dub and compare the original to the changes.

Bioman-It was pretty cool for a series so far, 2 episodes in, but I have yet to find time really.

Changeman-Maskman. Haven't seen it, but looks interesting.

Liveman-Only the first few, and its fascinating to say the least.

Turboranger-only seen 1 episode and I can see where Saban got MMPR from.

Fiveman-Haven't seen it but it looks boring to me.

Jetman-Almost 7 episodes in and its awesome. Kinda like MMPR, but its character dynamic is something very unique.

Zyuranger-Kakuranger : Seen the first 12 of Zyu, 12, of Dai and 7 of Kakuranger. I seen these because of MMPR and they're different from the American show probably in the same way as Robotech is from Macross, Mospeada and that other one. I see a developments of weak Pinks, then a strong White, but overall as a whole, I'd say they're as good as Aba-Magi. Nothing much different other than the children being not as annoying and actually shocked at how serious Zyuranger is.

Ohranger-Hurricanger- Only seen the first ep of the former and the rest nothing . I only seen the crossovers and films for Hurricanger and Abaranger, which I only seen a single one.

In all, they do stack up, but they aren't better or worse well save how the mecha designs got lazier and lazier over time.