Fighting evil makes me thirsty
I've never heard of the manga or anime, but that adaption looks awesome.

North West England Representative
I’m going to have to see this. I’ve never seen the anime, but as a big fan of professional wrestling, I’m very familiar with the pro wrestlers that brought the Tiger Mask persona to life in both the New Japan and All Japan wrestling promotions over the years.

tigermasksayama.jpg

Satoru Sayama at some point in the early 80’s

Satoru Sayama (otherwise known as Tiger Mask I) had a series of blinding wrestling matches with my countryman Tom “Dynamite Kid†Billington in the 1980’s that still hold up very well by today’s standards. Tiger Mask II (Mitsuharu Misawa) also went on to become one of the most famous and legendary pro wrestlers in the Japanese scene’s history.

Wrestling and tokusatsu. Sounds like a winning combination to me.

Tiger Mask 1 anime is a bit dated by todays standards (believe it premiered in '69) but Tiger Mask The Second from 1982 needs to be seen by everyone. Incredible stuff. I dont think this live action version will do the anime justice....

What in God's name is up with the full costume? It's Tiger MASK, not Tiger Outfit. Take a cue from recent Marvel and DC: Get the actor(s) an actual physique that fits the part instead of just trying to hide their lack of it.

EDIT: Also throwing in that that entire revised storyline sounds awful. Why can't it just be about amazing fighters? Why does there need to be superheroes? If they wanted to do this right, the director should've been Isaac Florentine, with Scott Adkins providing all central choreography.

Last edited: