Who here initially couldn't take Ryouma aka GingaRed seriously?

Thank you for the Memories...
Ok so maybe its just me, but I saw the actor for Seijuu Sentai Gingaman's Ryouma Kazuki Maehara on another television program, called Trick.

On Trick he plays the most bumbling, and most of the times borderline idiotic police sidekick. Worst of all imagine Ryouma leader of the Gingaman with blonde hair!

I have seen 2 episodes so far of Gingaman, and I can say that to the credit of the actor he can play a reasonable stereotypical stoic-faced Red.

Who here initially couldn't take Ryouma aka GingaRed seriously

Ok so maybe its just me, but I saw the actor for Seijuu Sentai Gingaman's Ryouma Kazuki Maehara on another television program, called Trick.

On Trick he plays the most bumbling, and most of the times borderline idiotic police sidekick. Worst of all imagine Ryouma leader of the Gingaman with blonde hair!

I have seen 2 episodes so far of Gingaman, and I can say that to the credit of the actor he can play a reasonable stereotypical stoic-faced Red.

And it's so cool that he came back for Gokaiger! Even after he retired from showbiz in Japan after the said drama I mentioned, finished its run. So cool!

By the way on a side note, who here thinks that Masaru Nagai is the Sentai's Odagiri Joe? Of course there are a dozen actors in Sentai that did not return.

While I have not seen this Trick program, whereas I have seen the 30something episodes subbed of Gingaman, I can happily say that was never an issue for me.

Mad Skillz
I don't think Ryouma was meant to be your typical, stoic sort of lead in a Sentai. His whole character arc seems to be about his growth into that sort of leader and his dealing with the loss of his brother who already fit that role much better than he did at the start of the series. (okay, he was a lot more personable)

Lurker
I don't think Ryouma was meant to be your typical, stoic sort of lead in a Sentai. His whole character arc seems to be about his growth into that sort of leader and his dealing with the loss of his brother who already fit that role much better than he did at the start of the series. (okay, he was a lot more personable)

plus Hyuuga had prior experience with Ninja Sentai. :laugh:

It wasn't until long after I had seen both shows that I found out that was Maehara in Trick, but it's still mind blowing.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
Was Maehara in the original Trick? Wow. I didn't know that. I never had issues with Ryouma though. I love his voice and energy (Even though smoking has sorta taken a hit on him, as we saw in Gokaiger)

Was Maehara in the original Trick? Wow. I didn't know that. I never had issues with Ryouma though. I love his voice and energy (Even though smoking has sorta taken a hit on him, as we saw in Gokaiger)

I've never seen Gingaman, but he was in the first two seasons apparently. The Kansaiben speaking sidekick of Yabe Kenzo. I've only seen him in Gokaiger, and didn't know it was the same person, TBH.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
I've only seen the first two seasons of Trick in poor quality, and as usual, Nakama, Abe and Namase Katsuhisa steal the show so I completely missed him! I can't believe that was Maehara.

It wasn't until long after I had seen both shows that I found out that was Maehara in Trick, but it's still mind blowing.

I know right! Just goes to show the range that Maehara has as an actor.

I did intially before watching the show, but after watching I have been convinced that Maehara does an excellent Red as Ryouma. I didn't even know he had such a voice and energy in him! He smokes? I thought it's just his voice getting lower due to getting older, but you might be right.

I've never seen Gingaman, but he was in the first two seasons apparently. The Kansaiben speaking sidekick of Yabe Kenzo. I've only seen him in Gokaiger, and didn't know it was the same person, TBH.

Yeah he was in the first two seasons. Unfortunately in my opinion. I think it was due to him wanting to retire from showbiz that he didn't come back after filming the theatrical version of Trick. The other two that replaced him in the third and consequent movie sequels, pale in comparison to him IMO.

I just saw the Gokaiger tribute to Gingaman last night, and it was so cool to see him after so long! Shame that Hyuuga was the focus of the tribute episode and he wasn't, only appearing for two brief moments.

I've only seen the first two seasons of Trick in poor quality, and as usual, Nakama, Abe and Namase Katsuhisa steal the show so I completely missed him! I can't believe that was Maehara.

Really? I agree that Nakama, Abe and Namase stole the show, but he did too! Anytime Namase (aka Detective Yabe) was on screen, Maeda was if not, always close by.