Agreed. Just take a look at all the Megaforce-related news with the returning actor stuff. PR fans.. I swear some of them would prolly commit suicide if Saban doesn't "desecrate their fanbase".

Those are PR fans, though. I'm not a part of that.

Maybe but, fansub arguments ('specially in the toku fandom) can be a whole another crowd of ridiculous. :nono:

Lesseee. In anime, each series can have multiple (3 or 4) fansubbers, and you can ask around which series has the better fansubs. There are also a lot of mainstream offerings, so there are a lot of permutations of show-subber that it hardly even matters.

In dorama/kdrama, translators are usually quite competent and flashy subtitles are an afterthought (and happen, but rarely. SRT subs are way preferred). Same thing in Asian movies.

Here, when people criticize one fansub group, some of its fanboys get groupie-ish over it. So really, whose fault is it that arguments become a whole "other crowd of ridiculous"?

Banned
Maybe but, fansub arguments ('specially in the toku fandom) can be a whole another crowd of ridiculous. :nono:

Translation: I don't agree with what some people say about fansubs, so what they say is ridiculous. :redface2:

Banned
Here, when people criticize one fansub group, some of its fanboys get groupie-ish over it. So really, whose fault is it that arguments become a whole "other crowd of ridiculous"?

An example.

Some one says "I don't like how so and so group uses fancy effects"

reply from another person "How dare you speak ill of that group and those effects. That fansub is free. You have no business speaking about that groups work. How dare you tell others what to think. How dare you force your opinion on people who like that group"

and yes. That is how quite a few people behave.

The new Tendou Souji
Translation: I don't agree with what some people say about fansubs, so what they say is ridiculous. :redface2:

No.
Going "Anyone who doesn't translate right should be shot dead!" and acting like a *ahem* /m/-tard is ridiculous!

Those are PR fans, though. I'm not a part of that.

LaZerwolfX said "PR/Toku fandom" so, I was talking about PR fans. I was still on-topic. :V

Banned
No.
Going "Anyone who doesn't translate right should be shot dead!" and acting like a *ahem* /m/-tard is ridiculous!

Show a post on these forums where anyone at any time said "Anyone who doesn't translate right should be shot dead!"

I mean you said it happened, so lets see it.

The new Tendou Souji
I never said I was talking about seeing it on 4chan either (though, I don't doubt it), just that acting like {an /m/-tard} is ridiculous! ^^

Aronbafon
4chan hates TVN and Rangerboard. That's really it.

But get back on topic, this isn't a thread for discussion about the fandom in general.

Lurker
In dorama/kdrama, translators are usually quite competent and flashy subtitles are an afterthought (and happen, but rarely. SRT subs are way preferred). Same thing in Asian movies.

ezzERpO.gif

There's some good drama subs sure but the majority is complete ****. The only real progress we made is that watermarked hardsubs are becoming scarce.

I don't know much about k-drama but as far as I know that's usually just ripped from the tv-broadcast so yeah, those are usually fine I bet.