Amazingly, I can understand the confusion. I also didn't understand why so many people complain about Nickelback. With Justin Justin Bieber, One Direction, etc., I can understand why people don't like them; there are more concrete reasons to point to. But with Nickelback, the reasons why they get so much flack seem much more abstract. No one gives a reason we can all understand, other than the subjective "Because they suck." Well, you say tomato... :rolleyes2:

Maybe it's just because I'm such an easy going guy, maybe it's because I haven't heard that many Nickelback songs, but I have yet to hear that one song that makes me go "Oh, yeah, they're terrible. I finally understand what everyone else sees in them." At this point, I think it's more like a running gag. Everyone says they suck because everyone else say they suck. Herd mentality. People saying it and even believing it without actually having their own opinion. :laugh:

But if there is a more concrete reason as to why they get so much negative backlash, I'd love for people to point me to that reason. Maybe break it down like a professional music critic. :)

Lurker
Yeah I don't get it either. I mean, I get that some of their music do sound similar to each other, but the songs are still decent in their own right. They're not the best band by any stretch of the imagination, but I've heard far worse music; at least Nickleback are an actual band, who actually play instruments, and don't need autotune to avoid sounding like a screeching cat.

It's like people can only think of music as either good or bad, and don't understand that there is a whole spectrum of quality in the music world.

Professional Chef and Entertainer
i grew up listening to nickelback, i never really had a big problem with them. sure some of their songs are bad, but they aren't on the levels of the materialized bullshit of today like will.i.am. their style is different from most rock bands but that doesn't mean they are bad, it's good to have a hard rock song and then a soft rock song once in a while, you need to stay fresh.

also most of their songs sounding the same is debatable, i'll only heard compassion to how you remind me and someday sound similar but never their entire library. hell i'll go as far as to say most acdc and metallica songs sound similar to each other.

Banned
"I hate Justin Beiber for obvious reasons."

"I wonder why people hate nickleback. I just don't get it"

This is logic?

I don't have low self esteem.
I don't personally hate them, but yeah I've got to agree with them having the same sounding songs over and over again. I think it's the same thing with Coldplay, which I really don't like.

The Corrs, however, I actually liked, even though the same thing applies to them.

I will admit that I absolutely can't stand Coldplay. Not one song of theirs could I enjoy listening to, but at least I can take them a whole lot more serious than Justin Bieber.

As for the Corrs, for some reason I never really cared too much for them (apart from that hilarious parody on SMTV Live years ago).

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSSmHNbvblM"]The Corrs- Beautiful Corrs (very funny- complete scene) - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Professionally Insane
Yeah I can see why people would hate them, personally I don't hate Nickleback, but I don't love them either... their music does sound the same more times then not, but some songs I do like. *shrugs*

Another Climax
So yeah...

Just out of curiosity, why do so many people hate Nickelback?

I mean... I can understand why so many people hate Justin Bieber, One Direction, Rebecca Black, AKB48 and most recently Blood on the Dance floor (if anybody's even heard of them)..

but... NICKELBACK?!!!! :sly: Out of all bands/musical artists? I dunno. It's just too weird.

Me, I'm not a hardcore fan of Nickelback but I do enjoy some their music. I especially like the Photograph song. It's a nice song to think about the old days.

Why is the color of the ocean blue instead of green in most places? It just is.