Unofficial Sentai Akibaranger Season 2 - Discussion Thread

I really, really liked the Dairanger tribute fighting scene at the end of the third episode. And I haven't even gotten far enough in Dairanger to recognize the scenes that were homaged, it was just really well done.

Disappear into light!!
As a Dairanger fan, no words could explain how much I LOVE this episode. And to get both Wada and Abe in this!!:castlerock:

Also I couldnt tell but was that Wada's voice at the end when Ryuuranger turned back to normal?

Yes it was. He was credited in the opening as 'Ryuranger', separate from 'ChinaRed' voiced by Seki Tomokazu. Really glad they were able to get Wada back for that bit.

Wow that kinda sounds like what happened to KR Hibiki :laugh:

lol isn't it obvious that was what that scene was referencing(though Arakawa wasn't the main writer for Hibiki)? And the fact that Inoue was Toei's guy to fall back to when shenanigans happen.

you need a deadpan foil to complement the other two idiots. The team is awkward as the three stooges. This isn't Carranger...or is it going to come to that.:sly:

You have a point there, but with Luna as an (unpopular) idol, they are able to explore a phenomena, where idols(male and female) are getting their big break doing Rider and Sentai. Like in last season, how Akibaranger had explored and parodied the moe anime rage with 'Z-Cune Aoi'.

And frankly, I don't mind a Carranger like cast myself:anime:, I think it's good for this kind of show.

Does anybody where I can find that one Denjiman song General Pain was singing at the Karaoke bar? It started to grew on me when I watched ep 2 again

Friendship and the Cosmos.
I think they're doing a lot more with the homages and parodies this season compared to last season, which is cool. Today's Sun Vulcan parody was really hilarious. (Or rather, it was satirizing how Sun Vulcan and older Sentai fight scenes were filmed :laugh:) Last season it was for powerups, but this year it's just "Let's do a little funny arc with this sentai!"

Dragonranger and Tyrannoranger next week! Woot.

Nice guest star this episode, totally went over my head though. Ninja Captor was a pretty crazy thing to reference.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
I had to research it but the actress that played Yumeria's mother in law was Horie Mitsuko, a famous anisong singer way back during the 70s. She sang songs for Goranger and a bunch of things. She sang the original Ninja Captor theme songs and sang them once again during this week's episode of Akibaranger.

Last edited:
Lurker
So its looking like we're getting a Power Rangers episode next week for sure if the preview is anything to go by.

"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
I had to research it but the actress that played Yumeria's mother-in-law was Horie Mitsuko, a famous anisong singer way back during the 70s. She sang songs for Goranger and a bunch of things. She sang the original Ninja Captor theme songs and sang them once again during this week's episode of Akibaranger.

Yeah, I sorta figured that out the minute I heard her sing the Ninja Captor theme song and recognized her voice. How cool was that?!

I mean, we had Yamagata-san and Ichirou-san making a cameo in episode 3 and now Horie-san at the end of episode 4.

Nice!!!