Here's the thing. I just finished GoBuster vs Gokaiger and decided to watch back every crossover movie which has the new heroes appearing as a cameo, and can't help noticing the new heroes 1st episode overall kinda skipped the gimmick for their weapons a lot.

Btw, heroes that I mentioned here is to point both KR/SS. SS started this in Go-On vs Shinken where Goseiger made their cameo while KR did it in Decade's last one movie where W made theirs. That's when I noticed the gimmicks is not shown good enough in next series's 1st episode (though W and Goseiger's 1st episode gimmicks is kinda acceptable) compared to previous series before the little cameo thing becomes a trend.

Check for example in Gokaiger's 1st episode as they already introduced their GokaiSaber and GokaiGun in their cameo in Shinken vs Gosei. OOO, Fourze and Kyoryuger in my opinion also got this.

Got concerned because now I can't stop the arrangement in my head where Kyoryuger's first episode is in GoBuster vs Gokaiger, while the first episode is an unofficial 2nd episode...

Kyoryuger made a lot of their gun and its various abilities, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about. You set up a claim but you're missing the other half of the proof: IE, what did the series before the cameos do that was so different? Name a specific series and give some examples.

Peek a Boo!
If I will base it on the name of the topic alone, I think it's a good thing. Having an early cameo of a new hero in a movie will give fans an idea about what x hero can do. The only problem is the incorporation of the new hero in series continuity. Take for instance Fourze's cameo in the OOO movie, his hair looks completely different in the actual series. Also, they acknowledge the cameo in Movie Wars MEGAMAX even though OOO WONDERFUL is considered partially canon in the series.

Friendship and the Cosmos.
I do feel like the quality of the new hero cameos have gone down since OOO. I dunno, maybe "Being a rider means helping each other out" is too cool to top :laugh: Then Sho referenced it in Megamax which was even cooler! Neither Wizard and Fourze said something as cool as that.

But yeah, I personally enjoy all those cameos. It strings all the series together. (Loosely)

Kyoryuger made a lot of their gun and its various abilities, so I'm not really sure what you're talking about. You set up a claim but you're missing the other half of the proof: IE, what did the series before the cameos do that was so different? Name a specific series and give some examples.

I *think* he's saying that first episodes aren't focusing as much on weapons and gimmicks anymore because the cameo does that, although that's hardly the case.

Btw, heroes that I mentioned here is to point both KR/SS. SS started this in Go-On vs Shinken where Goseiger made their cameo while KR did it in Decade's last one movie where W made theirs. That's when I noticed the gimmicks is not shown good enough in next series's 1st episode (though W and Goseiger's 1st episode gimmicks is kinda acceptable) compared to previous series before the little cameo thing becomes a trend.

First off, you forget that Kiva was in Den-O's post-series movie in much the same capacity. Show up for 5 seconds, show off a power, run away.

Second, It's ridiculous. It makes the already universally awful feature films even worse for storytelling than they are, and it rarely does anything close to a good job of showing off the new Rider.

In my experience and opinion, the first episodes ALL do a better job of it than their movie cameos. What did Fourze do in OOO Wonderful? A rocket punch. What did Double do? He cycled through a couple of forms but didn't actually show off their powers. What did Kiva do? Well...nothing.

Compare that to the first episodes. Double showed off 3 "forms", 2 abilities, and a finisher. Fourze showed off his henshin (which he didn't do in the film IIRC), 4 switches, and a finisher. Kiva showed...well, Kiva doesn't have a lot to show in the first place so maybe he's a bad example.

Point is, it looks to ME like the movies do a considerably worse job of showing off new riders than their respective first episodes.

I *think* he's saying that first episodes aren't focusing as much on weapons and gimmicks anymore because the cameo does that, although that's hardly the case.

This is a part of my thought, sorry if it didn't get translated well in my post. Somehow, most of the gimmicks that can be used in the first episode is not shown because they already shown that in their cameos.

This suddenly got into me when I ran GoBuster vs Gokaiger and Kyoryuger's first episode altogether back. The movie is released quicker than normal, thus I accidentally makes a judgement on that. By comparison, the cameos seems like a good first episode instead(based on my judgement on the fight scenes and the gimmicks shown).

I'm just asking for opinion. Particularly since most of us that don't live in Japan will only get to see the new hero's cameo in the crossover films after the new hero's series has run for like 3,4 months old.

@Sage: Try watching Gokaiger's first episode first, then watch their cameos in Goseiger vs Shinkenger. You will see what I mean. (hint: which one you see has the Gokaiger pronounced the name of their gun and saber?)

@Glamador: I forgot about Kiva. But that's why I put 'New Hero' on the title. That Den-O movie is released during Kiva's series run. Basically we already knows Kiva's basic ability.

Aronbafon
Kiva doesn't count for pre-show appearences. The Den-O + Kiva movie came out after Kiva had started its own run.

Honestly, I'm actually liking the tv series appearences they have Riders make.
W with the Core Medals.
OOO showing Kengo and Yuuki.
Fourze showing Haruto.

I do feel like the quality of the new hero cameos have gone down since OOO. I dunno, maybe "Being a rider means helping each other out" is too cool to top :laugh: Then Sho referenced it in Megamax which was even cooler! Neither Wizard and Fourze said something as cool as that.

But yeah, I personally enjoy all those cameos. It strings all the series together. (Loosely)

I just wish the cameos were more incorporated into the script. OOO's and Wizard's cameo actually were decent, aside from the Riders appearing out of nowhere. You had the hero appearing to keep some villains in place while the main Rider went somewhere else. Cliche, but it works (although OOO's is kind of weird because W only leaves when the battle is basically finished). If they HAD one or two extra scenes with the guest Rider in the movie (like maybe Eiji watching NEVER's announcement and OOO leaving the place after the battle), they could flow fairly naturally.

The main problem, to me, is something like W's or Fourze's cameos, where they pop up, attack the villain, and then randomly leave while a serious situation is still going on. It's completely out of place and just slaps on the viewers face that they're watching a commercial for the next Rider. The Kyoryuger's cameo in the last movie annoyed me just as much. They took over a battle that was basically finished and afterwards left while the battle was still going on and the Go-Busters almost died. So helpful...

Last edited:
Mr. Kamen Rider
I think they're pretty cool, but they're something that works best if you're lucky enough to see the movies when they first hit theaters, as opposed to months later when the guest hero is now the firmly-established incumbent. I saw W's, OOO's and Wizard's debuts in the movies first, so I really liked all of those and they formed a lot about how I viewed the characters going into the series. I saw Fourze's when the movie came out on DVD, so it's the one I don't have really strong memories on. I already knew Fourze by then, so it's strange seeming him treated as this new, unusual thing. It's not a bad scene, but the only part I really remember is Gentaro's hair. :laugh: