Courtesy of August Ragone and Monster Attack Team:

erChc9s.jpg

NEW ULTRAMAN FOR 2013!? This clipping from the current issue of "TV Magazine" states that during the "Ultraman Film Festival", taking place at the Aiia Theater in Tokyo's Shibuya Ward, April 12th-14th as part of Tsuburaya Productions' 50th Anniversary celebrations, they will unveil a brand-new Ultraman character to those attending! And "TV Magazine" is giving away 200 pairs of tickets for the event to their readers. Whether this new Ultraman will be part of a new television series or just for an upcoming theatrical feature is yet to be revealed... Stay tuned! — August Ragone

ApAbYZ7.jpg

OH GOD, I AM SO EXCITED.

Last edited:
Professional Chef and Entertainer
this better be leading up for a new series and not some bullshit movie

I'd be fine with a movie so long as it's a good, solid, standalone movie with some real oomph to it. Like we got with Ultraman the Next, for example. What I'd REALLY love is a movie/series combo like Cosmos, Nexus, and Mebius got.

Regardless, I hope this is a clean break from the previous series. If not a full on Tiga/Gaia/Nexus/etc. reboot, I'd love for it to be a minimal continuity Showaverse series a la Ultraman 80.

The movies are mediocre since they have been mostly half assed , pieces of crud , well save for The Next in the effects department. Then again, I really want to see a high budget American Ultraman or UltraSeven film thats like the original but in modern context or get the chance to write it.

I had this spark of interest when I was down in Florida where I envisioned this badass fight between UltraSeven and the military and then a monster, in my own revamp of the design. Too bad Chaiyo are a bunch of asshats and that Japanese law recognizes forged stamps for that to happen, but I hope Pacific Rim's success will push the rights to get clarified, since I have a flair in writing strange sci-fi stories and human drama.

This better be a series for sure.:redface2:

We have apparently been watching different movies. I've loved pretty much every movie they've done post-Cosmos with the exception of Saga and the first Ultra Brothers film.

J

Juspion

Complainers will be complainers. I myself think the Ultraman movie from Cosmos to Zero (haven't watch Saga yet) are awesome and miles better than most Kamen Rider or Sentai movies. Even though, I dislike the Cosmos series, the movie are great IMO. As long as the visual is as excellent Zero movie and the scope as big, I have no problem with it being a new movie. Hopefully it will be even better visually than Zero movie and Garo Soukoku no Maryu. Those two are the best in term for visual in a Tokusatsu movie right now, for me.

But why happened to the Egg guy. He should have his own movie! He has a coat AND sunglasses!

I won't mind a movie, as long as they start moving out of the nostalgic comfort zone that they have refused to leave ever since Mebius.
I want a new and fresh universe with a new story.

Mad Skillz
"And we are now proud to introduce our new stage show mascot, Ultraman Hype..."

And we were all trolled.

Now it's time to hunt for signs of possible airing slots opening up by way of shows moving or ending within the next few months!

(you know, if those of Ultra Zero Fight things are the last we see of Zero, it's a heck of a lot better than going out on Saga)

Last edited: