Ok so first, SPOILERS for the end of Spectacular Spider-Man.

Okay, so the big question for the end of the series is "Who is the Green Goblin"

The episode and the series itself is good, but what REALLY urks me is that we find out that not only is Norman Osborn the Green Goblin, but that he's been in his own sane faculties this whole time. Not only is he sane, but he BROKE HIS OWN SON'S GODDAMN LEG to frame his son for his own crimes. Not only does he do that, but he GETS AWAY WITH IT! HE GETS AWAY WITH IT! THE SON OF A ***** GETS AWAY WITH IT!

HOW?! IN THE HELL?! CAN YOU POSSIBLY END YOUR SERIES ON A NOTE LIKE THAT?!

My god I did not have a problem with Ultimate Spider-Man until I saw the ending of Spectacular Spider-Man. The show was an incredible series that I really dug, and to see it end like that, with nothing actually really getting resolved and replaced with an, though still decent, inferior show is just nerve wracking.

HE GOT AWAY WITH IT ALL!!! GODDAMNIT!!!

Trademark of a Weisman show- excellent writing with minimal resolution.

If the Disney buyout hadn't screwed up their contract negotiations we probably would've gotten a third season to clear things a bit more.

D

Dr Kain

That's because The Spectacular Spider-Man was planned to be 5 seasons, a total of 65 episodes.

Weisman expressed this several times in several interviews that the show was going to follow Parker throughout the rest of high school and end with his graduation, and then he would do DTVs of him in college and follow some more adult stories since it wouldn't be aimed as a kid's show.

However, like always, Weisman was completely screwed over. It happened to him with Gargoyles. It happened with Spectacular Spider-Man, just like now it has happened with Young Justice. TV stations don't want story telling these days, they want stupid toy commercials, which is why I stand by that the 90s were the best era for cartoons.

Lurker
Has there ever been a Spiderman cartoon with a satisfying ending?

Half the time the shows ends one episode too soon...

The new Tendou Souji
Similar thing happened with Weisman's season of W.I.T.C.H. too

[hide]Season ended with Nerissa defeated and the girls getting a new "computer teacher" aka a govt. agent character from the comics..... [/hide] that we're never gonna see how it's handled because whoops, show had to end. >>

That's because The Spectacular Spider-Man was planned to be 5 seasons, a total of 65 episodes.

Weisman expressed this several times in several interviews that the show was going to follow Parker throughout the rest of high school and end with his graduation, and then he would do DTVs of him in college and follow some more adult stories since it wouldn't be aimed as a kid's show.

However, like always, Weisman was completely screwed over. It happened to him with Gargoyles. It happened with Spectacular Spider-Man, just like now it has happened with Young Justice. TV stations don't want story telling these days, they want stupid toy commercials, which is why I stand by that the 90s were the best era for cartoons.

Nope, same problem happened with the original Spider-Man the Animated Series, in fact it's even worse because it wasn't even because the show was bad. The show was cancelled while being the number 1 rated cartoon in america at the time, all because Margaret Loesch because she hated Avi Arad, like hated PERSONALLY, and refused to order more episodes. Even though the show could possibly not get any more popular.