Goro Naya (Great Leader of Kamen Rider's villains) Passed Away

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ato-captain-voice-actor-goro-naya-passes-away

Goro Naya, the original voice actor for Inspector Zenigata in the long-running Lupin III anime franchise, passed away on March 5 at 3:00 a.m. due to chronic respiratory failure. He was 83. He leaves behind his wife Katsuko.

Naya's management, Theatre Echo, made the announcement of his passing on Monday. Naya was born in Hokkaido, and he dropped out of Ritsumeikan University to enter the Tōdō acting troupe. He made his debut as an actor in 1950s, and after joining Theatre Echo, he became a popular dubbing actor for overseas films.

He was the Japanese dub voice for such actors as Rick Jason (Hanley in Combat!), Clark Gable, Charlton Heston, and John Wayne. Thanks to his deep voice, Naya not only became famous for Zenigata, but also Captain Jūzō Okita in Space Battleship Yamato (Captain Avatar in Star Blazers), Yupa in Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind, and the Shocker leader in various Kamen Rider series.

Naya played Zenigata as recently as last year, when the veteran cast reunited for the "Lupin Ikka Seizoroi" (Lupin Family Lineup) short. The Lupin III: Chi no Kokuin Eien no Mermaid television special and the Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine television series introduced Kouichi Yamadera as the second-generation voice of Zenigata.

Rest in peace, sir. :(

The new Tendou Souji
YaM1DUL.gif

Srsly though, RIP

Heroes are forever
It's sad news, indeed. He was one of the best, not only in his unique and skillful voice acting but in the fact that he has done so many appearances. The article mentioned Zenigata last year, and we also had him back for LGKR 2 years ago. Those are just the most recent mentions, I could go on and on.

Rest in peace, sir.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
In honor of his memory, everyone should put on a Shocker grunt uniform and yell "YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!" for a brief moment

R.I.P.

The Extraordinary Fan(boy)
R.I.P to a legendary voice actor.

Though i guess we can find solace in the fact that as long as there is evil in men´s heart he will never truly die.

RIP Goro Naya. You not only brought one of the greatest villains in fiction to life, but you gave him a voice.