S

scikaiju

Just got done watching it, I thought it was pretty good. Although defiantly not the Geki we say in Go-Busters. I thought what comedy that was in the movie worked. Although I saw the villain reveal coming almost from the start though. It wasn't a perfect movie but it was good like I said. The only real complaint I have would be[HIDE]Shaider and Sherivan weren't really needed as far as the plot went[/HIDE]

In Justice, We Trust!
As someone who hasn't really seen much of Gavan beyond the Gokaiger and Gobuster team ups, I think this was a great way to introduce a classic metal hero character to a modern audience. I think anyone who enjoyed Gokaiger VS Gavan will probably end up liking this movie as well.

A few things that stuck out to me:

-Space ninjas? AWESOME!
-Master Brighton, despite the silly sounding name looks quite bad ass. I love how his armour looks, especially his helmet.
-Speaking of the helmet…there's a mask underneath his mask? MASKCEPTION!
-The scene where they were in Makyuu Space was great, really loved all the Yay! Scenes and Geki trying to hit on that woman…one thing I thought that was odd: If Makyuu Space applied the lizard guy's power…why bring them back to the real world and loose his one big advantage over them? That kinda makes that whole scene pointless if the main fight was going to take place in the real world to begin with…
-During that part where Geki kept shouting Itsuki's name as she was being possessed I kind of wanted her to say "There is no Itsuki, only Don Horror!"
-Was there a specific reason why they needed Itsuki to act to act as Don Horror's Vessel?

Last edited:
S

scikaiju

I haven't seen the original Gavan outside the first few eps, but I'm assuming Don Horror's body was destroyed at the end of the series and technically dead therefore he needed a body.

SLICE
Gavan straight up kills the guy.

Don Horror is just enough of a bastard that that barely holds him back.

I love the pep talk Gavan gave to Geki. All older heroes should instruct their pupils in the same manner-FACE PUNCHING.

In Justice, We Trust!
I haven't seen the original Gavan outside the first few eps, but I'm assuming Don Horror's body was destroyed at the end of the series and technically dead therefore he needed a body.

Meant to say if there was a reason why Itsuki was specifically chosen…my fault for wording it wrong.

S

scikaiju

Meant to say if there was a reason why Itsuki was specifically chosen…my fault for wording it wrong.

It was shown earlier in the movie that he was willing to sacrifice his cat to see if his calculation were correct, it was something similar I guess with Itsuki. Both times he was willing to give up something he loved to get to get the desired effect. Or something like that.

Some kind of Beast mode
Just got done watching it, I thought it was pretty good. Although defiantly not the Geki we say in Go-Busters. I thought what comedy that was in the movie worked. Although I saw the villain reveal coming almost from the start though. It wasn't a perfect movie but it was good like I said. The only real complaint I have would be[HIDE]Shaider and Sherivan weren't really needed as far as the plot went[/HIDE]

Likewise. I thought this movie was good as well. Can't really complain.