So not even Dinosaurs can save the ratings for Sentai...

Mad Skillz
I say we should only worry about Sentai getting cancelled if the toy sales of Toei's current series does not reach their expectations.
Which, with Go-Busters, we now know is the case.

I've been wondering about this. What exactly did the Go-Busters toy line failed to do? Were kids not interested in the toys? :sweat:
Well IMO...
it lacked a collectable gimmick and IMO clearly lacked a simple, sellable central theme (like pirates or dinosaurs) for its' product line (the suits have animal designs on the helmets. The mecha are animals that were more commonly advertised seen on-screen transformed into vehicles and humanoid robots. The weapons are transformed from binoculars and old-fashioned cameras).
Gokaiger had these things. Go-Busters didn't and sales dropped. So, being responsible business people, they've corrected both of these for Kyoryuger :anime:

Well IMO...

Gokaiger had these things. Go-Busters didn't and sales dropped. So, being responsible business people, they've corrected both of these for Kyoryuger :anime:

If they stuck with a spy theme all the way, it could have done better, especially if they integrated animals into it rather than as some after thought. In a way, it felt like two different shows by the merchandise. An animal themed show with vehicles like Go Onger and a spy show like Goranger and Kakuranger.

Minato Ascending
Quite frankly, I'm surprised that Kyoryuger's rating has not been as good as many had believed, especially since alot of fans were blaming the low rating on Go-busters and assumed that Kyoryuger will bring the sentai rating back up. However, it would appear that there is a larger problem that is plaguing not just Kyoryuger, but the entire Super Hero Time as a whole.

I think Toei should seriously considering moving the entire bloc out of competition against Pokemon, because it is clear that they're fighting a losing battle. I do still believe that Japanese audience hasn't gotten tired of super sentai and kamen rider, but it is also clear that their enthusiasm has waned over the years and Toei must put their brain trust together to figure out how to bring the excitement back to their franchise, although I do believe that both Kyoryuger and Wizard are about as good as Toei can make them.

I think Toei should seriously considering moving the entire bloc out of competition against Pokemon, because it is clear that they're fighting a losing battle. I do still believe that Japanese audience hasn't gotten tired of super sentai and kamen rider, but it is also clear that their enthusiasm has waned over the years and Toei must put their brain trust together to figure out how to bring the excitement back to their franchise, although I do believe that both Kyoryuger and Wizard are about as good as Toei can make them.

Yep , also that its the same stuff year after year. And when there's a shakeup to the status quo, they suck epically at it through an undedicated toyline and a story that the bottom fell out quite early on.

You can make an argument for sentai but Rider has been killing for like 5 years straight there is nothing suggesting people are getting tired of Rider

Does anyone know which was the last Sentai show that succeeded in both ratings and toy sales?

Perhaps Toei should make a survey on what the modern kids would like to see in SS.

Mad Skillz
Within the scope of ratings going down, Shinkenger did well in both areas. Before Boukenger, Sentai had been seeing this streak of really well performing shows from Gaoranger to Magiranger.

The Meteor has landed
How is Kyoryuger doing in toy sales anyway? Seeing how I can't find any info about in this thread or anywhere else. Because if that's doing good, then at least Toei did it's job in bring toy sales up once again.