Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dr Kain

So Super-1 is pretty cool outside of two things that bother me, and they both deal with his shoulders. First off, his shoulder joints squeak all of the time and it gets annoying because I feel like I am going to break it at times, especially when it feels stuck. Secondly, I don't like how there are gaps between his shoulders from his arm to the shoulders next to his neck.

Other than that, this is an awesome figure. I just wish I could remember what he set of loves did (I've only watched the first episode). Oh yeah, and the missiles on the yellow gloves come off.

Mr. Kamen Rider
Supes is great. As for the gloves:

Silver- Super Hands (default)
Red - Power Hands (increase strength)
Green- Hot/Cold Hands (ones shoots fire, the other a freezing spray)
Blue- Elec Hands (shoot electric bolts)
Gold - Radar Hands (shoot mini tracking rockets; they do get used offensively too)
That Big Sword - it's from the last episode, but it's fairly important so I'm glad they included it.

Man, it is such a shame he didn't show up on Fourze. It sounds like they could've complimented each other really well...

This is probably a silly place to put my first post, but what the hell?

I've got four Figuarts as of now, as well as D-Arts Zero Type-2.

Here's what I have in the order that I got them:

[HIDE]
524835_10151314500872759_505152965_n.jpg

Got Agito at an anime convention here in KC in August 2011. I was largely looking for G3-X (who is my favorite Rider), but as I couldn't find him, I grabbed Agito... who lives up to everything I've heard about him, good and bad. Great posability, great sculpt, great figure all around, but inexcusably terrible accessory count.

387571_10151316075492759_2032857519_n.jpg

Kamen Rider 1 (The First version) was also bought at a local anime convention, but in February of last year and, like Agito, was an example of getting one that I wasn't quite as interested in as others (was still looking for G3-X and was also looking for Faiz).

69211_10151314499432759_370117437_n.jpg

I picked up Shinken Red from Toys R Us. If I have some spare cash, I might grab the Shinken Gold that still hasn't been bought at a certain local Toys R Us. Grabbed it because, hey, I like the suit design and Figuarts at Toys R Us? Oh, HELL yes.

479824_10151318393617759_705912297_n.jpg

Skipping Zero as this is the Figuarts thread, not the the D-Arts thread, I got Faiz from Amazon a couple weeks ago and, though his lower neck joint appears to be stuck (though it might just have a really crappy range of motion, can anyone confirm?), he is probably my favorite of the ones I have. Great accessory count, great sculpt, great posability and damn good screen accuracy on one of my favorite Rider designs.

Now if only Tamashii Nations would reissue G3-X.
[/HIDE]

Man that sword is cool. Does that come w/ the SIC version? I feel like I'd remember that...don't think it does.

I like my SIC Super-1 a bit better. Though I usually prefer SIC for Showa-era Riders, simply due to the materials they used for the suits back then making Figuarts look...well, really plasticy, for lack of a better word.

Figuart's Super-1's joints look really noticeable to me, due to the simulated wrinkles in the 'cloth' parts. And the static tassles bug me on every figuart that has them (Glamador knows he goes on and on about this, but it's a persistent issue).

That sword is really kick-ass though. So few riders have big ass two-handers like that. Especially ones with such a smooth, straight blade. Alternative's sword is all spiky, knight's is more like a lance, and the rest of the riders have 1-handed weapons for the most part.

All Decade's Fault
Cloud3514 said:
I got Faiz from Amazon a couple weeks ago and, though his lower neck joint appears to be stuck (though it might just have a really crappy range of motion, can anyone confirm?)
- My Figuarts Faiz is fine in the neck area, so I think either yours is a bit stiff (Hot water will help) or the paint must have stuck it together. I have this problem with my Figuarts V3 (Showa version).

BTW: I do find it a bit annoying that Ichigo (Sakurajima ver), V3, and Stronger can't do the arms folded pose like my Heisei Rider Figuarts. Only my older Figuarts and Super-1 can do this at the moment. :(

- My Figuarts Faiz is fine in the neck area, so I think either yours is a bit stiff (Hot water will help) or the paint must have stuck it together. I have this problem with my Figuarts V3 (Showa version)

I think it's the paint getting it stuck because it only has issues moving forward, which is why I though maybe it was poor range of motion. Still, of all the joints to have issues with, the lower neck is probably the one that gives the least issue.

All Decade's Fault
Actually---refresh my memory: Did Figuarts Stronger ever get a "Powered Stronger" web exclusive release?

Mr. Kamen Rider
Not yet, but there was one shown in the mags a while ago, so he'll come out eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.