After talking with MMPR-Toys' Bruno, I've decided to move on from this whole thing.

If the mods are watching, please close this thread down.

Last edited:
Lurker
Well they did change the hands and belt, so they could say that it's not a direct violation.
But I honestly don't know how this stuff works, so I've got nothing besides that.

Well they did change the hands and belt, so they could say that it's not a direct violation.
But I honestly don't know how this stuff works, so I've got nothing besides that.

True that.

They also changed the logo on the helmet/Which I can say is a perfectly acceptable change since the Gosei emblem on my chibi was drawn a bit bigger than what the space on the helmet would allow so, I had to shrink it to make the emblem fit the helmet.

And you are probably right on the fact of it not being a direct violation of Fair Use but, I'd still like for them to apologize at least for the mishap.

I am the law
Just playing devil's advocate here, but chibi art is nothing new. It could just be a coincidence that someone from JazWares drew a similar chibi art that you did.

Just playing devil's advocate here, but chibi art is nothing new. It could just be a coincidence that someone from JazWares drew a similar chibi art that you did.

Probably, Judge Faiz/BTW, Nice Avatar.

Plus, drawing a chibi like this ain't that hard/That chibi took me about 30 minutes to an hour to get it looking right so, maybe the person from JazWares did the same thing.

But man, the similarities from the USB Drive to my chibi are WAY too close to each other. You could line up my chibi art to the USB Drive and they line-up almost perfectly.

The resemblance is uncanny, even with the differences.

But only 4GB? Please... It deserves at least double that amount, maybe 16GB for some real weight to it. It's a Power Rangers/Super Sentai item! Kids and collectors deserve better. At least that's the amount of space I'd give it if I was making them, even if I had to pirate someone else's images from the net.

The resemblance is uncanny, even with the differences.

But only 4GB? Please... It deserves at least double that amount, maybe 16GB for some real weight to it. It's a Power Rangers/Super Sentai item! Kids and collectors deserve better. At least that's the amount of space I'd give it if I was making them, even if I had to pirate someone else's images from the net.

I completely agree with you, SamuraiEchidna.

I saw this aaaaaaand..... I have to say yeah.. there's only so many different ways a 2D chibi *can* be done. Soooo..... I'm just saying if you had another do 2D chibi art.... it's also end up looking quite the same.

I saw this aaaaaaand..... I have to say yeah.. there's only so many different ways a 2D chibi *can* be done. Soooo..... I'm just saying if you had another do 2D chibi art.... it's also end up looking quite the same.

Agreed, Keith.

So far, I got no word from either JazWares or Saban Brands about the problem/I need to pay my long-distance bill before trying to call them again, but I'm still holding onto a bit of hope that they'll respond to my messages and simply apologize for the mishap.

I'm hoping to at least get an apology. If I can get the apology, I'll be a happy camper and let the issue go.

Last edited: