Mad Skillz
It's definitely part of the transformation - it's mentioned in the toy videos and someone who has at the presentation said that they all dance before transforming.

I can't even begin to imagine what a serious and dramatic moment that calls for a transformation will look like.

So it's come to this? An entire season of a beloved franchise all rides on the answer to one question? Can Red twerk it?

Some kind of Beast mode
Question is will they be doing dancing henshin every single time. I can see that getting old real quick.

Exactly, I see it getting old quick. Also like Aoi mentioned going from a really intense scene to America's (Japan's) Best Dance Crew in seconds would be off-putting

Would like to change his avatar
For those kind of scenes, I imagine them just doing the standard "henshin without needing to touch their henshin brace, pose, or shout their henshin phrase" -- making you question why they need a henshin brace, call, and pose in the first place.

min snopp är gul
From MONONOFU ◆ELM2iSaXCg, legit spoiler provider.

Episodes are called Brave.
Brave 1: He's here! The Bright Red King
Brave 2: Gaburincho! Biting Combination

Suit actors are as following, Yoshibumi Oshikawa as Red, Yasuhiro Takeuchi as Black, Masashi Takada as Blue, Kousuke Asai as Green and Mizuho Nogawa as Pink.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I have a feeling there probably won't be (m)any serious dramatic scenes in this one.

Every Sentai ever has serious and dramatic scenes. Even Goseiger, Gokaiger and Go-onger which people love to bash for supposedly being too childish and stupid had serious and dramatic scenes. Even Carranger had serious and dramatic scenes, and it was a parody. Since we've got backstories like Black's friends all dying horribly and Green having conflict with his father, I really don't think they're planning to have nothing serious at all. I think this hysteria over "oh no it's going to be just like Barney and Friends" is silly.

A dance henshin could be worked around in the same way as when they all deliver srs business one-liners and then energetic fight music starts for them to transform

Last edited:
There's lots of ways around the dance aspect. It looks like Kyoryuger will be a pretty "by the numbers" sentai, which means there will probably be a stock transformation sequence after they've pulled the triggers. Either they can jump straight to that, or there's the old time-saver of just having them runnning into the scene already transformed.

Nice post!!
Even Carranger had serious and dramatic scenes, and it was a parody.

This is true, although I'll point out that most of the time, Carranger almost immediately undercuts its serious, dramatic-shaped scenes with parody. The only story beats in the show presented with any real seriousness involve the characters' feelings.

That's one of the things that I feel makes Carranger really different even from other comedy Sentai, and it was one of the things a lot of people honestly hated about the show back in the day. If you liked Sentai for its blood and thunder, well, Carranger just wasn't ever going to do that.

That said, I can't see Kyoryuger taking its comedy as far as Carranger did. That's what Akibaranger is doing, there's no point in having the main franchise do it, too. Kyoryuger is probably going for a Kakuranger or Abaranger vibe, moving from silly to serious as the plot demands it.