Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Ep 45 - "Happy New Year! A Small Formidable Enemy Return"

Wow this episode was bad. Possibly even worse than the Pink Buster episode. Literally the only good thing about it was J and he had all of 2 lines.

Just managed to watch a bit of the subbed one.

Something is definitely lacking in the episode, but somehow it managed to establish the fact "When J is checking your ass, you can bet there's a Metaroid on your back!"

A slightest glimpse of producer trying to pitch Rika and Ryuji perhaps?

So the return of everyone's Messiah, which is Enter and Escape in the next episode.

One of the best

I thought it was one of the best episodes of the show so far. J was great, as usual. But the hidden gem was Morishita when Ryuuji called him. I died for about 5 minutes with the whole 'Michael' skit.:laugh:

Treasure Cards of the Underworld
I'm for once agreeing with the general consensus that the only good stuff about this episode was J. (Okay, Jin was pretty likeable, too, here, but everything else was just… ugh.)

This is the around the point where modern Sentai usually gets a recap episode to save budget, especially the ones longer than 49 episodes...but Go-Busters opted for a regular, although obviously cheap episode instead. That's kind of interesting.

Nice post!!
This is the around the point where modern Sentai usually gets a recap episode to save budget, especially the ones longer than 49 episodes...but Go-Busters opted for a regular, although obviously cheap episode instead. That's kind of interesting.

It's pretty telling, too. Goseiger got retooled, but since it stuck roughly to the planned storyline, they could recap the show as a review of what Bladerun was doing. (There's a Japanese Sentai blogger who calls him "the real main character," and I kind of agree with that assessment.)

In Go-Busters, the plot goes through so many bizarre contortions that I'm not sure you could attempt to recap it in a way that was 100% logical. There's too many episodes that contradict other episodes, characterization is all over the place, and there's really no through-line for the show as a whole.

Seeing a modern "monster repaint" episode was pretty charming, though you can tell they haven't done these for awhile. The plot wasn't very creative and Mochiroid wasn't half so entertaining or well-handled as Eraseroid. There were some great composite shots in this episode, though.