you mean the ep where the guys got turned into little children? oh man, that was definitely one of my favorite Matsuri eps. :D

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I know I've mentioned earlier in this thread somewhere, but I prefer a team with only one heroine. take Matsuri for an example: she was the youngest among her siblings but she was never portrayed as a weak, helpless little girl who needs to depend on her brothers during a conflict. in fact, she was shown to be stronger and much more reliable than Matoi himself at times, not to mention mature.

heroines nowadays are a joke. instead of being an actual heroine, they're too busy trying to be as cute as possible onscreen. Sakura is probably the closest classic type heroine we've gotten so far in the past few years.

I think it's worth taking into account that having two heroines became more common after 2000, which is where Sentai became more merchandise-heavy and a lot of people think that the writing and production quality began to decline. So if you prefer older shows, you're likely to think that one girl = better, simply because most pre-2000 Sentai had just one. But lone heroines in recent Sentai haven't always been great; Nanami is just as embarrassing a character as Natsuki. Ran is not well fleshed out. I'd rate older girl duos like Pink and Yellow Flash or Change Mermaid and Phoenix above them.

Banned
It doesn't matter if there are 2 girls, 1 girl , or 500... As long as I enjoy the show I don't really care.

I too am happy as long as the shows are fun. Yeah, it would be nice if there was more equality amongst the genders. But well, that's Toei for you. :redface2:

On the plus side, we did for a short while get three girls on a team when Kaoru showed up on Shinkenger. :)

Lurker
Except, you know, MMPR shows that's wrong as it's arguably more famous the Zyu and it had 2 girls to 3 guys.

You're really talking about adaptations of the original SS series. SS however, is Toei's property, & they can choose to have how many heroes & how many heroines that they want. They have the final say. We can't do anything about it.

I know I've mentioned earlier in this thread somewhere, but I prefer a team with only one heroine. take Matsuri for an example: she was the youngest among her siblings but she was never portrayed as a weak, helpless little girl who needs to depend on her brothers during a conflict. in fact, she was shown to be stronger and much more reliable than Matoi himself at times, not to mention mature.

heroines nowadays are a joke. instead of being an actual heroine, they're too busy trying to be as cute as possible onscreen. Sakura is probably the closest classic type heroine we've gotten so far in the past few years.

I agree. Like Black Fang said in his post from another topic, would you rather have one well-written, balanced female heroine, or two childish, airheaded female heroines?