I liked him when he wasn't a god
speak for your damn self, i have no issue where sentai is. and discussing design or plot can actually be a productive conversation, its a more complex thought proceas than considering how many girls or what colors are on a team not to mention the latter are pretty much pointless questions as they dont affect much outside themselves.

I have no issue with it either. I said it's something that people discuss on the board - look at any thread and you'll see posters talking about what they want and don't want to see in a Sentai and wish it would do or not do. Why do you think recent shows get so much hate for being "Too childish" despite the fact that Sentai is written for pre-schoolers?

It does matter what colours a Sentai team uses and how many female Rangers there are. There's different character types for each one, so it affects what the heroes will be like and how they'll fit into the story. It's also important for girls watching to be able to see heroines who aren't anime characters (no, PreCure isn't like Sentai) or magical girls

Some kind of Beast mode
One or two doesn't matter. Though, the ones on 3-man teams can tend to be annoying.

Henshin a Go-Go!!
Look at any thread and you'll see posters talking about what they want and don't want to see in a Sentai and wish it would do or not do. Why do you think recent shows get so much hate for being "Too childish" despite the fact that Sentai is written for pre-schoolers?

Cuz many Western fans apply their knowledge of western censorship and come to the conclusion that since theres stuff that definitely wouldn't fly in a Western kids series thats allowed in whatever Rider/Sentai/etc... series they're watching, that its not a kids show.

And therefor misinterpret what they're seeing expecting a show aimed at early teens-ish and then get upset because there are elements to these shows that are undeniably for children. Not having a place to file that in their head they immediately dismiss the show as "too kiddy", despite the shows themselves being mostly for kids in the first place?

And while there are suit color stereotypes, theres nothing set in stone that says they can't be changed.

Some kind of Beast mode
So far, that's been about 50/50 for me. I like Megumi, Ranru, and Ran. :) But don't care for Nanami and Yoko. :p

Likewise, though Yoko I'm confused about and Ran is boring, but Idk if I'm annoyed with her exactly.

Likewise, though Yoko I'm confused about and Ran is boring, but Idk if I'm annoyed with her exactly.

Yoko just doesn't really stand out to me. I don't think she's really done anything in the show that I found memorable. Plus, I don't think the actress does all that great of a job.

I like Ran quite a bit. I think she's a fun character. Yeah, she gets deprived of screen time. But I think the actress does a good enough job to make up for it and fleshing her character out.

I know I've mentioned earlier in this thread somewhere, but I prefer a team with only one heroine. take Matsuri for an example: she was the youngest among her siblings but she was never portrayed as a weak, helpless little girl who needs to depend on her brothers during a conflict. in fact, she was shown to be stronger and much more reliable than Matoi himself at times, not to mention mature.

heroines nowadays are a joke. instead of being an actual heroine, they're too busy trying to be as cute as possible onscreen. Sakura is probably the closest classic type heroine we've gotten so far in the past few years.

Last edited:
I dunno, Sakura to me always came off as one of the worst heroines in recent years imo, so I'm not sure if I really want more heroines like her. As far as the post-Timeranger heroines go, I like Sae, Ranru, Umeko, Ran, Kotoha, Luka, and Ahim. I think they're all some of the better heroines in this era. Jasmine, Mako, Eri, and Moune were also decent. But yeah, there have been heroines like Natsuki and Saki. :redface2:

Sakura is quite okay to me. like I've mentioned, she reminds me of how classic heroines were portrayed back in the day. as for Natsuki and Saki... as a Sentai Yellow fan, I'd say they were a huge disgrace and here we have Yoko next in line. I dunno if this is just my imagination but during the first few eps of Gobusters, I actually liked Yoko and thought her character was portrayed the way Goseiger wanted Moune to be portrayed. (in fact, I wanted Moune to be portrayed that way too.)

I also find the heroines you've listed quite okay. I don't remember any of them annoying the hell outta me when I watched their series, but Natsuki was one of those abomination who is unforgettable, it's sad. what do you think of Urara, Houka and Miu though?

Sakura is quite okay to me. like I've mentioned, she reminds me of how classic heroines were portrayed back in the day. as for Natsuki and Saki... as a Sentai Yellow fan, I'd say they were a huge disgrace and here we have Yoko next in line. I dunno if this is just my imagination but during the first few eps of Gobusters, I actually liked Yoko and thought her character was portrayed the way Goseiger wanted Moune to be portrayed. (in fact, I wanted Moune to be portrayed that way too.)

I also find the heroines you've listed quite okay. I don't remember any of them annoying the hell outta me when I watched their series, but Natsuki was one of those abomination who is unforgettable, it's sad. what do you think of Urara, Houka and Miu though?

I think Urara and Houka are okay. I'm not exactly a big fan of them. I do think Urara tends to be spineless and Houka tends to be airheaded a bit too much for their own good. But I thought their actresses fit the roles well. I certainly don't find them offensive like Natsuki or Saki. So overall, I think they're alright.

Miu, I personally hated. To me, the Go-on Wings made the show worse than it already was for me. The show was meant to be fun and comedic, but then we get these two jerks that completely ruin the overall tone of the show. So yeah, I thought Miu was an unlikable jerk. She got better when we reached the late portion of the series, but by that time, I don't think the show did anything particularly impressive with her. G3 Princess doesn't help! :p