Doctor Who Series 7, Episode 6: "The Snowmen"

S

scikaiju

doctor_who_the_snowmen_the_doctor_clara.png

Written by: Steven Moffet
Directed by: Saul Metzstein

Just remember because of the time differences there will be spoilers so read at your own risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lurker
This definatly felt like a whole new season, why we didnt get the awesome new title sequence at the begining of the season is beyond me.

[hide]It's a great story. Snowmen don't factor in all that much though, with the brunt of the story centering on the wicked Ice Lady. The Doctor dressed as Mr. Holmes was brilliant, and led to a nice moment in the score which parodied the theme of the BBC Sherlock series.

Classic series fans will know who the mysterious alien parasite voiced by Ian McKellen ultimately turns out to be, but in a timey-whimey manner that is expected of Moffat, you get to experiance an origin story of some sort for it (and it's even more interesting The Doctor barely remembers this enemy these days, then again thousands of years have passed for him since he fought it as Patrick Trougton)

Madame Vastra's one word test for Clara was a great bit. "Pond" being the trigger word was a nice nod to what had come before, even if it was meant in a different context

Clara Oswin Oswald...the girl who died twice. A mad impossible woman scattered across time who doesnt beleive in ghosts..let her advertures commence[/hide]

Last edited:
Fangtaku
Wow, that was a lot better than the last two Christmas Specials. I really liked it.

Another Climax
I miss Rory but this Oswin woman is awesome, didn't see the twist until it started to unfold. Many of the episodes earlier this season besides the Asylum of the Daleks and the Power of Three felt off and now I see why Moffat was saving the good stuff for this new story arc.

That was freaking FANTASTIC! Something about the feel of this has really brought me back and I can now stop "hate watching" the show as it continually forces Rory on me.

LOVE Straxis! When did he die?

Oswin....... is gorgeous. AND charismatic.

AND I saw her in a club this year in LA, and Rory had his arm around her... pretty sure they're dating. :p

Her double kill though is veeerrry interesting. Wonder what her deal is that she's getting the Kenny treatment.

I'm all in and all ready for this coming season. :thumbs:

Also liked that we got the voice of Gandalf and the bad guy from Hundson Hawk up in here. :D

The Great Me
Oh great. You all can enjoy watching the latest episodes while I can't. Seriously, I gotta know. Is there any way for anyone outside the states and UK to watch the latest episodes online? Netflix won't work for me as it's only available the states. Any other way I can watch? I NEED MY DOCTOR WHO FIX!!!!!!!

Another Climax
That was freaking FANTASTIC! Something about the feel of this has really brought me back and I can now stop "hate watching" the show as it continually forces Rory on me.

LOVE Straxis! When did he die?

Oswin....... is gorgeous. AND charismatic.

AND I saw her in a club this year in LA, and Rory had his arm around her... pretty sure they're dating. :p

Her double kill though is veeerrry interesting. Wonder what her deal is that she's getting the Kenny treatment.

I'm all in and all ready for this coming season. :thumbs:

Also liked that we got the voice of Gandalf and the bad guy from Hundson Hawk up in here. :D

Actually thinking on it, this is the 3rd time, she technically died twice in her first episode.