[CASTING CALLS] Vanguards of Hope (Sentai, Riders, Cures)

I got in a nasty wreck tonight that left me pretty banged up and totaled my car. Posts from me will be sparse if not nonexistent for the next few days while I deal with that.

No Fear, No Pain.
I got in a nasty wreck tonight that left me pretty banged up and totaled my car. Posts from me will be sparse if not nonexistent for the next few days while I deal with that.

Happy to hear you are alright man! Take your time to recover.

Hmm this make me want to go ahead and do what I was planning to anyway.

Let's take a break until after Christmas shall we? Feel free to post if you want but the story will be on stand by until then. Hope you guys have a great holiday.

Icefish...stop getting in car wrecks. They're bad for you.

I know we're on break, but I'm gonna try and get a post in tomorrow that sort of puts Cam in a good stopping point until the next day. He's had enough adventure for one night. Also, there was discussion a few pages back about character themes. I think I finally found a good one for him.

And yes, I am aware of the irony.

Possessor of the "Final Zero!"
a question

Is it alright if I use Kamen Rider Eternal and figure out someway to use his Nullification power (Eternal Requiem)? The Eternal Requiem could be an ability used like the Data Drain from Dot Hack but it could produce serious strain on the user.

Princess of Equesteria
Posted.

And till Abby becomes Cure Beat, I've dubbed her Kamen Precure since the Kamen translation is Mask. Saying Kamen Precure is way more catchy. Though only difference is minus the heart shape on the back of the cape.

01_%2830%29.jpg

Last edited:
This idea has me so bloody fascinated that I'm staying up past my bedtime! (Working nightshift is a *****!) BUt I want in! I'd like to reserve Gekiviolet's powers (I've got an original idea for him with some tweeks in mind) I'd also like Kamen Rider Meteor unless someone already got him, and possibly Kamen Rider Beast. He aint out yet, but I was really into that cover spread posted earlier.
I wanna finish reading all this but I gots ta go ta bed!!!!

No Fear, No Pain.
WOAH! So Christmas was great, the snow storm was facinating, the random power outs that followed were...random, finishing Fate/Zero was a good idea, starting a new game on Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones was a good idea, and starting a new character on SKyrim was a good, but time consuming idea. Add in hanging out with friends and working on Pathfinder character for about five minutes and you are looking at a busy bastard.

Ummm guess I should have said hiatus until after New Years...I never realized how reliant I was on having to go to work to post on here. -____-'

Anyways...gamergeekfather, hence forth known as new guy until I feel the need to say his name again, can have his reserves if I hear no contest.

Icefish: Nice, Always like a song with violins. Wonder if they ever made an orchestral version of Guile's theme....that could be all the fun. >__>

Saitou: I would need more detail on this data drain maximum drive variant. Details! I demand them! Also I have...plans for the origins of Gaia Memories since we got none in the first draft. I can give you an idea of where it would have come from if you decide to go ahead with things.

And now kiddos...uncle Ziggy has the itch that only writing a short story can scratch. I love getting vacation....

Happy Holidays you amazing loligaggers!

Anyways...gamergeekfather, hence forth known as new guy until I feel the need to say his name again, can have his reserves if I hear no contest.

Awwwwe Ya, son! :buttrock:I already was working on rough drafts and will pm them to you when they're done. Would I start at the beginning and have to play catch up, or would I wait for you to write me in? A thousand apologies, I've never done this before. I'm... like a virgin...

So we're still on break until after New Year's? Good, since I'll be out of town for it. Now I don't have to worry about making that post I said I'd make and have been constantly putting off because it'd be boring. Bugger what I said earlier- ZZ, throw Cam into whatever situation you feel fitting!

Also, orchestral version of Guile's Theme? Check this **** out.

e: Or this one if you're looking for a version better fitting a super dramatic moment for whatever reason.

RP Character! Yay!

OK, so I tried to send this to Z, but apparently there's a limit of 10,000 characters, and I went WAY over that, so I gotta post it here. Sorry, don't know how to make it private. I am aslo looking for feedback, so please, feel free

Name: Savion Ramirez
Nationality: Latino-American
Appearance: 5'10" Black hair, brown eyes. Above average build. Thin doorknob beard. Clean cut hair, combed back. Wears cool colored clothes, usually black pants with a blue or gray shirt with black jacket.
Alternate Identity: GekiBlack. Black where is usually purple. Silver instead of black

History: Savion was a born fighter. Quite literally. He frequently got into fights as a child, so his parents put him in martial arts, and he showed a natural aptitude for it. It was the perfect vent for his fighting instinct, at least for the time being. He trained in Muay Thai originally, but also trained in Red Dragon style karate and Northern Shaolin Fist, and was competing in tournaments.
His life was successful. He opened his own training gym and, and even settled down and with a wife and child. But then finally his fighting instinct rose. He felt as if something- something dark- was watching him and his family. He continuosly woke up in a cold sweat, constantly getting the same feeling. Whatever it was, it was a threat. To him. To his family. He had to protect them. One late night he packed some basic essentials and left. He left the gym to his wife. He had other trainers in his employ that knew how to maintain the place and would take care of his family. It was the hardest thing he's ever had to do, but it was all he could think of to protect them. From what, he did not know.
1 month later.
Savion was staying late at the training gym, punching around the same punching he's been going at for the last 3 nights he's been staying in this town. During the day, he does whatever odd jobs he can just to make sure he has enough to eat and rent a room. Usually he doesn't stay more than one night, always wanting to stay ahead of the evil presence he always felt, but something was drawing him to this place, and it had been a while since felt the strange presence. Old Man Cho is what the other trainees called the old man running this place. He was short and fat, and didn't look like much, but he knew a thing or two about fighting. He must've been something back in the day.
"At it again, I see." Cho said, and hands Savion a water bottle.
Savion didn't realize how much he was sweating and grabbed it, "Thanks."
"You know," Continued Cho, "You are pretty talented. You're more than welcome to stay here, become a trainer. You'd be perfect to look after the place after I kick the bucket. The old man chuckled.
"No thanks." Savion responded in the same despondant tone as he spoke with earlier. "Trust me, you don't me around for long."
"You've already been here for a while."
"I'll correct that soon enough."
"So you're just going to keep running away?"
That caught Savion off-gaurd, but he didn't show it, other than hesitating for a a split-second before taking another gulp of water. "You're reading into something that doesn't exist." he stated, not showing much of emotion, if any at all.
Cho simply raised an eyebrow. "You have a greatness in you. Something you believe is something else, but that something is not that something, it is... something more."
That made Savion chuckle. "You have a way with words, old man." He said, gathering his belongings. This conversation has come up before, and it usually ends the same way, with Cho not getting any further and Savion simply leaving. Although things look like they won't be ending that way tonight.
The somber night was brutally interrupted with the window glass getting shattered, and strange figures walking in. Savions eyes widened as theycame into the light. The looked like they were humans, but their bodies were twisted, malformed somehow.
"There you are," one of them said with a sickly voice, "it is time for you to join us, brother."
Savion realized that he made the one mistake he was trying to avoid all this time. He let his gaurd down, and the dark, strange presence had finally caught up with him.
"You," the malformed human continued, "You are one of us. It is your destiny to join us. We are true power!"
Savion felt a sharp pain in his chest, but wasn't enough to stop him from staring down the two freakish creatures in front of him. His muscles tensed and his fists clenched. He knew what was going to happen, and he was ready. The monsters hissed and attacked, striking wildly at him. Already in his Muay Thai stance he dodged and blocked attacks. He flinched with the strikes which turned out to be stronger than he realized. Whatever these things were, they had enhanced strength.
He didn't waste any time striking back. It was like striking hard leather, and it seemed like they were barely phased by his attacks. Despite the disadvantage, he was able to keep stride with them. He ducked a haymaker and launched a 3 punch combo that pushed back one of the monsters, dodged another attack and connected with a flying knee to the face of the other. The disadvantage was becoming more and more apparent.
He was landing less hits and taking more. His stance was buckling. He was bleeding from his mouth, and they were unchanged. This was it. He was going to die.
No, he's cannot die! They will not take his life! He was overwhelmed with the power that rested deep within him his entire life. He struck out with a gutteral scream, his fist glowing with a purple/black hue. It landed with blurring speed, throwing one of the monsters across the room. The other struck, but Savion blocked without even looking. He turned and unleashed a flurry of punches into the monster's torso, and ended with spin kick sending it across to the other side.
Suddenly, the purple/black hue emitted from his body. He crumpled to the floor, feeling the power taking over his body. Old Man Cho ran over and tried to help him. "It's too late, old man." Savion struggled to get the words out, "This is it for me. I've been fighting this evil in me for a long time, but it's winning."
"It is not evil, my friend" Cho said. Before Savion even realized it, Cho put a strange gong-like device on his arm. It had a wolf's face on it. "Call upon the power of the wolf. It is what was within you. It is a great power; viscious and unrelenting, but it is YOU who will decide whether it is good or evil. It is shigeki." Cho helped Savion up and stood back. "Use the howl of the beast."
The words resounded in Savion's head. He had to tear his eyes away from the strange device to see the malformed creatures hissing and coming back. He held up the device and struck the gong. "Howl of the Beast." The gong unleashed energy wrappings that twisted and encased his body. When it settled, he was wearing a black and silver costume, with metal wrappings on his forearms, hands and feet, resembling Muay Thai fighter wrappings. Finally, a jet-black helmet settled on his head.
He felt himself become even more powerful, and couldn't stop himself from talking as he pumped up even more. "Fight to win, fight to survive, fight to protect! Unshakeable Resolve! GekiBlack!"
The monsters went at him, but he easily blocked and parried their attacks. He effortlessly bobbed and weaved between them, and his counter strikes were brutalizing them with little effort. They hissed and spat, finally realizing that they were no longer a match for Savion. They turned to try and get away, but Savion was ready. He hit his gong, charging his fist with energy. Crouching down and focusing, he unleashed a powerful energy attack and sent the monsters flying in a purple explosion. When they landed, a sickly black mist lifted from their bodies, and they began to look more like normal humans.
"They will wake up considerably sore." said Cho. "And possibly very upset. But that is not your problem."
Savion turned to him, "Who are you? What's going on?!"
"All in due time, my friend." Cho responded. "For now, come with me. We must commence your training."
"What training?" Savion asked with a dejected sigh.
Cho smiled. "Geki Jyu Ken."
6 months later.
Savion laced up his shoes and did one last stretch before heading out of the door. He took one last look around. He didn't know where the old man went to, but it looked like he never existed in the first place. Savion knew better than to question it, and so decided to go on ahead with task given to him by the strange old man. He continued along, but happier than he had been for a long time. Because for the first time since that fateful night, he felt like he was in control of his destiny. He felt like when all was said and done and when the dust finally settled, he would be reunited with his wife and child.

Personality: Tough as nails, he never flinches no matter what he faces. He's quiet for the most part, but is not afraid to speak his mind. He seems unapproachable, but is actually quite compassionate and will help those in need.

Dislikes: vegetables, liars, people that hide behind weapons (i.e. guns)

Relationships: Lilliana Ramirez (wife) Alexander Ramirez (son)

Extra: Doesn't state entire "Hibike!" speech, shortens to simply "Howl of the Beast", and says it more calmly. New speech "Fight to win, fight to survive, fight to protect! Unshakeable Resolve! GekiBlack!". Colors change from purple and black to black and silver.

Was going to use original techniques, but I thought it would be better to come up with my own.

Geki-Waza techniques
Dangan Ken (Bullet Punch) Unleashes a flurry of punches.
Dai-Dai Shin (Ground-Ground Tremor) Smashes the ground, releasing a ground shaking energy wave.
Gon-Gon Ken (Rigid Rigid Fist) One of Gou's techniques. Channels Shigeki through the gong changer and delivers a punch.
Sho-Sho Ni (Rise Rise knee) Powered up jumping knee to the head.
Go-Go Geki (Hard Hard Attack) Another of Gou's techniques. Creates a ring-like battlefield and attacks opponents. I figured this could be the finisher.
Ro-Ro Han (Wolf Wolf Fang) Summons Geki Wolf who strikes enemies multiple times with blurring speed. Doesn't learn until later, when he gets close to being able to summon his actual wolf.