Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Ep 41 - "The Thief Pink Buster!"

The new Tendou Souji
w96Sn.jpg

Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters episode 41
"The Thief Pink Buster!"
Writer: Nobuhiro Mouri

When a new Messiah Card is found in a painting worth 10 million yen, the Energy Management Center tries to get it, but the owner will not part with the painting.

Preview: http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/go-bus/contents/Next/cur/

Last edited:
always henshining'
ratings rose a bit this weekend : 4.4%
it is the best viewership in a while. average still stalled on 4.1

The Great Me
Thanks to this episode, I have a new-found liking for beetles, particularly of the stag variety. So with that, to the Holy Church of J! *goes to Hidden Masta's lame-ass thread*

Last edited:
to me, this episode is a joke. :mad: why don't these 3 use their powers properly? especially hiromu with his super speed and still pink buster managed to STEAL his henshin brace FACE TO FACE. :sly:

sure, i like the actress she's cute and pretty but what happened to the heroes? being outsmarted by a mere thief? :sly: does she have powers or something? she's lucky enter nor escape didn't appear or else, she's dead meat. :thumbs:

AGAIN, HIROMU!!!! USE YOUR SUPER SPEED PROPERLY!!!:170:

but speaking of super speed, if i were hiromu, i'll go for a naughtier approach! :castlerock: I'LL TEACH HER A LESSON NOT TO MESS WITH A GO-BUSTER! :169:

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I think this is the worst episode of the series to date for me. There was no Enter or Escape, the Metaroid was at best perfunctory, the heroes were made to look incompetent, and most of the attention of the episode was on a stupidly-dressed and rather pointless love interest for Hiromu (lace-trimmed bloomers don't really go with the "sexy thief" look, do they?)

I think this is the worst episode of the series to date for me. There was no Enter or Escape, the Metaroid was at best perfunctory, the heroes were made to look incompetent, and most of the attention of the episode was on a stupidly-dressed and rather pointless love interest for Hiromu (lace-trimmed bloomers don't really go with the "sexy thief" look, do they?)
i feel the same way too... maybe this is the worst episode of the show - not only incompetent, the go-busters in this episode looked like incompetent AMATEURS. not to mention hiromu's super speed is the same super speed used to go toe to toe with clock up! no matter how skilled someone is, you can't outmaneuver something travelling at near light speed. to me, it's like spitting at the uber badass that is ABAREKILLER! what the heck is this, toei?

but i must say, i have the feeling that this pink busters might be originally planned to be a one-shot go-buster, complete with suit, weapons and abilities. after all they are secret agents so it's normal they know espionage and theft in order to infiltrate an enemy base to locate and secure valuable and dangerous goods for safekeeping. AT LEAST THAT MADE SENSE. but JUST a petty thief? EVEN THE GREAT ABAREKILLER WILL FIND THIS INSULTING.

they want a thief episode, put a mild lupin III reference there. but you know what:

lupin III - red buster
zenigata - blue buster
daisuke - beet buster
goemon - stag buster
fujiko - yellow buster

maybe it's just me.

I thought this episode felt very out of place so late in the season, it feels like something that should have happened much earlier, not within the last 10 episodes.

I really disliked how the entire team seemed utterly incompetent in catching a single thief. If she had some kind of special abilities, it might have made some sense and I could have overlooked if she was against just one of them, maybe Hiromu could have "underestimated" her, but she manages to out fight and escape from all 3 of them? :redface2:

I also disliked how little power they seemed to have when it came to recovering one of the cards. I don't think Japan law operates by "finders keepers" and when it comes to something which is a massive threat to national/world security, you'd think they could just take the damn thing, or at least have something of value to offer him in exchange.

I did quite like the Pink Buster character herself though and the episode did make me wish we had a character like this join the team (if only to have more girls). I know it's a rather played out archtype, but having an ex-thief type character who wanted to complete a lot of their missions by less savoury means would have been a more interesting dynamic than anything we actually have in the show.

TL;DR: Another disappointing episode from a disappointing season.

This episode had the most terrifying villain in Sentai history. A villain that could steal J.*Shudders*

I'm actually liking Pink Buster, she's not like Abare Pink or Shinken Brown because she actually pretty competent. (Lazy could be hate me for saying this...)

Maybe it's just that this episode not really good, kinda wish she will return for the final arc or maybe in the team-up with Kyoryuger.

I liked him when he wasn't a god
I'm actually liking Pink Buster, she's not like Abare Pink or Shinken Brown because she actually pretty competent. (Lazy could be hate me for saying this...)

My biggest gripe with her (apart from the lame "stealing your heart" nonsense) was that she appeared to have some kind of lacy underwear sticking out from under her Pink Buster costume. It was like the equivalent of those superheroes with their pants over their clothes, it was totally distracting :sweat: