No Fear, No Pain.
**** those people. **** them hard. What kinda overweight virgin losers think the person who made the show can't fucking decided to make something new and canon again years after it ended. What it's been years and they want Gohan to have the spotlight instead of Goku THE PIVITOL FUCKING CHARACTER just because he got some power up that didn't even save the day? There going to complain about that when any real DBZ fan who would waste there time talking about this knows that Gohan was fucking ruined and undeserving of any spotlight after the Cell Saga. All those people who are going to let that ruin this need to do one thing. Go on google and type in vagina because that's the closest they are ever getting to the actual thing.

Huh...a agree with half of this? Yeah about half. I had given up on DBZ and moved on to other things, but if Toriyama is in on it then I'm down.

Toriyama said that he didn't think that Gohan was ready to take Goku's role.

It's stupid because Toriyama is the writer. He could make Gohan become ready. :redface2:

Shin...it doesn't work that way. At least not all the time...-___- It would be easier if it did...

Kamen Rider Dark Kabuto
Toriyama said that he didn't think that Gohan was ready to take Goku's role.

Where did you hear that? I always assumed that it was because of the fans since that makes much more sense. From the beginning of Z, Gohan is clearly hyped up to be a prodigy of some sorts, a successor. And then by the end of Z, he doesn't even fight anymore. As an author, why hype up a character to be important and then make him irrelevant by the end of the series? Hell, Gohan's last fight was one of the most embarrassing fights in the series. Even in the 13th movie(the only movie where his full potential is unlocked) he's stronger than Goku and he didn't even hit Hirudegarn once. Even if it's not canon, the fact is that Toriyama was aware Gohan was gonna eat dirt.

Back in Black
Where did you hear that? I always assumed that it was because of the fans since that makes much more sense. From the beginning of Z, Gohan is clearly hyped up to be a prodigy of some sorts, a successor. And then by the end of Z, he doesn't even fight anymore. As an author, why hype up a character to be important and then make him irrelevant by the end of the series? Hell, Gohan's last fight was one of the most embarrassing fights in the series. Even in the 13th movie(the only movie where his full potential is unlocked) he's stronger than Goku and he didn't even hit Hirudegarn once. Even if it's not canon, the fact is that Toriyama was aware Gohan was gonna eat dirt.

I thought that it was common knowledge. :sweat: It was mentioned a few times. It should be somewhere you can find Dragon Ball Z trivia (of course not written by Toriyama himself).

Toriyama intended Gohan to be the protagonist of Dragon Ball Z, but he kept relying too much on Goku, so he did not develop Gohan's character. The problem kept building because he did not change anything. He kept focusing too much on Goku. In the Cell arc, he finally decided to make Gohan be the one to be the successor, but he messed up that part YET AGAIN during the Majin Buu arc because he brought back Goku and he once again relied on him too much.

He messed up so much that I think that he just abandoned the entire idea and that I think also is why Goten was introduced. Goten is a prodigy who is stronger than most fighters and he looks like Goku. He wanted to continue to rely on Goku without directly relying on him.

Not always...:redface2: Sometimes the characters get away from you and what you planned for them kind of falls apart. I'm getting better dang it! :shakefist

He could have more control. It's not difficult. His character slipped from his hands too many times.

Good luck with your characters.

The new Tendou Souji
I don't remember Gohan being Ultimate Gohan in GT anyway.

Neither did Toei. :loltongue:

Is that an adult Videl?
Yup. This movie takes place right after the Buu saga. So her and Gohan already have Pan together.

I don't remember Videl being an adult in the Buu Saga; she was in high school when the Saiyaman stuff happened and I don't think the whole arc took that long(?).

Are you saying that the writer can't write his own series?

He or she can but, manga writers have editors that sometimes... here, read this.

What's GT?

A figment of your imagination!

Last edited: