Power Rangers: Super Samurai - News/Rumors/Discussion Thread (OCTOBER 13th, NEW EPS)

Mhm, you had it right the first time. Uncomfortable incest. I think what they were trying to go for was "big sister lost little brother once, and is now losing him again" or something like that. It just became...awkwardly intense.

It's Judgement Time!
It's the "we can't be together" line's fault :sweat:

They were tip-toeing the line the whole time and when Jaden was like "we cant be together" I was like "uh.."

The final reveal of the secret was pretty lame though.

power rangers super samurai

who do you feel was responsible for the bad writing, bad screenplay, bad story, bad acting (inserting of meaningless puns), and on....

do you feel the head writer haim saban (the old man) hired (michael sorich) is responsible for PRSS's downfall or other members of staff are

what are your expectations for megaforce since jonathan tzachor is being kept in check with a creative supervisor? how do you think it will do with tzachor kept in check?

what went wrong this series and why? how does haim need to improve before everything goes due to age. the first thing i felt that left him was the ability to air a season in straight order. what do you feel has left the guy and what is still there?

your opinions would be appreciated very much. :)

Retired eBay Guru
who do you feel was responsible for the bad writing, bad screenplay, bad story, bad acting (inserting of meaningless puns), and on....

do you feel the head writer haim saban (the old man) hired (michael sorich) is responsible for PRSS's downfall or other members of staff are

what are your expectations for megaforce since jonathan tzachor is being kept in check with a creative supervisor? how do you think it will do with tzachor kept in check?

what went wrong this series and why? how does haim need to improve before everything goes due to age. the first thing i felt that left him was the ability to air a season in straight order. what do you feel has left the guy and what is still there?

your opinions would be appreciated very much. :)

:eyebrow:

Haim Saban is not the writer, my friend. I only made it to Episode 10 of Samurai, so I can't really contribute anything relevant to the discussion.

I blame Decade.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
You didn't read that correctly. He said "The head writer Haim Saban hired, Michael Sorich" Although, I don't know what that parenthetical phrase was about. I think it'd be blasphemy to be a member of this site & not know who Haim Saban is.

But, as far as these things go, three people have the overall control over the series' direction & tone: The head writer, producers- Michael Sorich, Jonathan Tzachor & Haim Saban. Although, it's doubtful if Saban himself would really get personally involved in the writing if he thought Tzachor was ok.

In short, yes, either Sorich or Tzachor or the two of them together...

I'd say it was rushed into production too early and that the creative team was not allowed to breathe or actually write more coherent stories which would have made it more seamless of an experience.

Much of it was written as per nostalgia, but for much of the first half , it was shoehorned in with little relevance to the story arc which made the show feel like two than one. Bulk and Spike's execution suffer from this.

Two. The writing of the main ensemble was pathetic and it shown when they were their Japanese counterparts versus when it was themselves, but overall the acting is somewhat at fault as well. Overall, it was more lazy writing than acting as it felt mediocre at its best.

Three. The way the series was spaced out and how reruns comprised of much of this year versus new episodes. Why stay with a show that has spurious runtimes versus one where it might not have new ones for a few months like Korra , but will have a consistent run afterwards? SS suffered from Nick's methods [though it should have been written around this] as well as them conveniently choosing to air episodes as they chose.

Finally, the American broadcast is so far behind other nations [which had the show much later] that why would and should kids care about a show that might maybe have a new one, especially a serial like Power Rangers? That doesn't do it justice when you are behind on the show....

Anti-Anti
I'd say it was rushed into production too early and that the creative team was not allowed to breathe or actually write more coherent stories which would have made it more seamless of an experience.

Pretty much this, didn't they go in to production only a couple of months after it was announced that Saban reacquired the rights back?
But in spite of that there is also much laziness that comes from writing for a children's show. You really only have to write the bare minimum, fill it with action/"comedy" and Kids will eat that **** up.

Nice post!!
I'm going to merge this thread with the existing Super Samurai discussion thread.

Aside: If you dig around in the right parts of Usenet, I wonder if you'll find a bunch of Internet dudes in 1993 wondering who is responsible for the bad writing and production in Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers.