General Discussion What keeps you going?

I had to make this question to myself lately... what keeps you going? This question might sound a bit odd to some, but not so much when you think about it! I think most of us do the things we need to get done every day for a set of very specific reasons.

Take me as an example...! I'm working nearly 12 hours a day (online), because I'm working towards a very specific goal. I'm having such a hard time falling asleep lately, yet I manage to wake up at 7 a.m. every morning :D Is it hard? YES! Do I wish I could just sleep as much as I'd like? OF COURSE!

That's not an option tho... this routine is getting old very fast, but I keep doing the SAME thing every single day non stop. Do I complain? Barely. It's not until you are in a similar situation that you start wondering... what keeps me going?

Right now staying 100% focused on reaching that goal is the only thing that keeps me going! I barely slept last night, but here I am :D

What about you? What keeps you going?

If you don't mind me asking, what goal is that? :rolleyes:

I really don't know what keeps me going, I just do what I think it's right at that specific time and what makes me feel good of course, but (unfortunately?) I don't work for a specific goal, possibly I am just drifting...

I feel like I want to quit all the time, I'm in the same situation as you, but I force myself to finish the task. It doesn't even take long; 2-3 hours but I'm way too lazy and would rather watch videos online, or browse around the internet without getting anything done. Friends and food keep me going though. Friends make me happy and laugh so I can sit through the day finishing what I started in the first place, and food makes me happy as well.

My own motivation. There are some things I want to do, explore, live, see and I need to do something to reach these goals.

Take me as an example...! I'm working nearly 12 hours a day (online), because I'm working towards a very specific goal. I'm having such a hard time falling asleep lately, yet I manage to wake up at 7 a.m. every morning :D Is it hard? YES! Do I wish I could just sleep as much as I'd like? OF COURSE!

That's not an option tho... this routine is getting old very fast, but I keep doing the SAME thing every single day non stop. Do I complain? Barely. It's not until you are in a similar situation that you start wondering... what keeps me going?

You've inspired me, I started to slip on my goal and now i'm going to try harder and keep going! Thanks!

I don't know how you wake up at 7am every morning though! Well done! I can't manage that even 5 days a week haha.

Other than that, goals do keep me going. Like a gig coming up or deadlines in general. I always have to work towards something.

You've inspired me, I started to slip on my goal and now i'm going to try harder and keep going! Thanks!

I don't know how you wake up at 7am every morning though! Well done! I can't manage that even 5 days a week haha.

Other than that, goals do keep me going. Like a gig coming up or deadlines in general. I always have to work towards something.

I'm glad this post managed to inspire you :) There are some tihngs that are really worth to fight for! Just focus on your goal...!

Yeah, you have no idea how hard it is for me to wake up every morning at 7 a.m exactly :p It's really hard sometimes, but then I tell myself: ''Just another day off the list!'' So if I manage to wake up early that day... I consider that to be a complete success on its own.

Best of luck, Ruby :)

If you don't mind me asking, what goal is that? :rolleyes:

I really don't know what keeps me going, I just do what I think it's right at that specific time and what makes me feel good of course, but (unfortunately?) I don't work for a specific goal, possibly I am just drifting...

I'm saving a lot for a VERY special trip ;) That's what is keeping me going and keeps me completely focused :D I basically do what I've to do everyday... because I've no choice and complaining won't get the things done. Gosh, there have been so many mornings I just wish I could just keep on sleeping, but no... I get up and do it. LOL, no idea how I do that honestly.

Don't worry, I think you have all the right to drift for a bit and relax :) You have a nice family and children, so I think it's a great idea to just sit and relax for a bit :)

I feel like I want to quit all the time, I'm in the same situation as you, but I force myself to finish the task. It doesn't even take long; 2-3 hours but I'm way too lazy and would rather watch videos online, or browse around the internet without getting anything done. Friends and food keep me going though. Friends make me happy and laugh so I can sit through the day finishing what I started in the first place, and food makes me happy as well.

Yeah, I know how you feel :( Sometimes getting things done is really hard, specially if you are like me and start drifting away after a while... I like to put things off often, and that's why sometimes I finish a bit late :p I've a lot distractions around, but oh well... the effort is worth it and will pay off.

Don't give up, it's hard, but in the end the effort will pay off :) Sometimes feeling lazy is ok, as long as you know you did everything you could that day... you can always try harder the next day ;)

My own motivation. There are some things I want to do, explore, live, see and I need to do something to reach these goals.

Yeah, I think we all have to do something in order to reach our goals :p but sometimes it's really hard to find that motivation. Sometimes we just drift... I was drifting before I found this goal, and in a way I'm grateful, even tho I end up feeling so tired at the end of the day...

What keeps me going is just the desire to improve my circumstances in life. I am not physically able to have a job anymore, and my senior SS pension is only a little over $400 a month, so it is a struggle just to keep the basic necessities in life taken care of.

I don't want to ask for help from my children, or become a burden to anyone, so I am learning to work online and the money I make is how I have the little extra things in life.

Doing the things that allow me to live a better life help me to feel better about myself, and that is what keeps me going each day, doing the best I can.