When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
You are telling me that a film that combines martial arts , a science fiction premise and giant robot mashups with giant monsters would not do well if executed right?

It would probably be a box office success, that goes without saying, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be good.

I don't have a problem with "grimdark", but Hollywood and directors just usually use it to make up for the plot and piss poor acting. Watchmen & V For Vendetta were excellent "grimdark" films that didn't make me feel like a complete jackass for watching them.

-Liking the fact that Disney is going to further mutilate/neuter the Star Wars franchise

Keith, you are the worst possible person in existence

I like that we'll finally be out of prequel era ****, that they've done a fantastic job with Marvel properties, great cartoons lately, and that we're finally no longer stuck eternally in the prequel era.

I actually liked John Carter quite a bit, and know for damn well it failed cuz nobody knows they should care about what John Carter was and its marketing was ****.

This is absolutely nothing but a good thing to have it out of Lucas's hands and it also means the very likely return of "Han shoots first" original movie releases.

It would probably be a box office success, that goes without saying, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be good.

I don't have a problem with "grimdark", but Hollywood and directors just usually use it to make up for the plot and piss poor acting. Watchmen & V For Vendetta were excellent "grimdark" films that didn't make me feel like a complete jackass for watching them.

I'm not sure MMPR would be exactly grimdark, but it depends on who does it really. I'm not sure I'd buy into a darker version unless it executed it with some balance.Disney has proven to be able to do a sci-fi film without it being dark ,but it has not proved it could sell one to the masses other than Marvel.

If they were to get PR back, would it be better if it went under Marvel or Lucasfilms so they could handle the series?

I loved Watchmen, but I can never see that work for Power Rangers, which is why I suggested it be a satire of sorts of the dark superhero movies kinda like the TMNT was for the dark comics of the 80's.

-----

But on the side of Star Wars, I want to see a connection with previous Lucas films which were said to be connected to Star Wars, especially through that one unpublished story....

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alien_Exodus

Or a Doctor Who crossover.

I like that we'll finally be out of prequel era ****, that they've done a fantastic job with Marvel properties, great cartoons lately, and that we're finally no longer stuck eternally in the prequel era.

I actually liked John Carter quite a bit, and know for damn well it failed cuz nobody knows they should care about what John Carter was and its marketing was ****.

This is absolutely nothing but a good thing to have it out of Lucas's hands and it also means the very likely return of "Han shoots first" original movie releases.

Wait a minute, they changed the way that Han shot?

No Fear, No Pain.
Long long ago in a galaxy far far away, there were different rules.

I'll get the shotguns, you get the speeders. Let's go end world hunger...errr...our hunger anyway.

On the John Carter movie, did they touch on his apparent immortality at all? (Wikipedia teachs me these things though I really need to read the books.)

The new Tendou Souji
Wait a minute, they changed the way that Han shot?

I forget the details (someone else can pitch in here) but in one of the newer versions of that movie, they tweaked the scene so Han fired the second bullet instead of the first out of the two of them.

I forget the details (someone else can pitch in here) but in one of the newer versions of that movie, they tweaked the scene so Han fired the second bullet instead of the first out of the two of them.

That sounds utterly unnecessary..... just like much of the changes I have heard about.

Minato Ascending
Since Marvel had partnered with Toei in the past, perhaps Disney will buy Toei next? :p

But seriously, this is a great move. I hope the new trilogy will wipe the Prequels off my mind by returning the quality of the original trilogy back to the franchise.

Last edited:
No Fear, No Pain.
Is it bad that I hope for a Gunsmoke remake movie? Derail this thread! Toot Toot!

A Secret Messenger ...

I could be wrong, but I don't think Disney really DOES anything in terms of the Marvel comics properties. While owned buy Disney, Marvel seems to still be operating as its own entity, same goes for Marvel Studios.

That said, this might not really be a bad thing so long as Disney has the smarts to let the creators and crew do what they need to do. I personally don't care for the "new movie every 2-3 years" bit though. Quantity does not equal quality. Just ask Toei :laugh:

And say what you will about George Lucas ... but I give him credit for "passing the torch" at what seems like a good time.