The Duel Monsters Thread - Childrens Card Games are Serious Business!

No Fear, No Pain.
That chould stop Obelisk right? Doesn't stop the summon and just straight up destroys the monster. Or interdimensional trap hole to send it out of play.

Back in Black
No. Obelisk has an effect that prevents cards from being activated in response to its summon. Trap Hole activates in response to a normal summon. It can't be activated.

No Fear, No Pain.
Cool, didn't know if its effect simply made it immune from anti-summon effects. Not being able to trigger cards in response to its summon is pretty obnoxious. I like it.

Ready! Fire!!
No cards on field when you take a big hit from Obelisk, Drop a Gorz on them. Obelisk attacking a Light Monster, drop an Honest on them. When Obelisk attacks, Mirror Force it. Six Samurais with Musakani Magatama can negate and destroy Obelisk, even on the turn it was summoned if it uses its effect. And even Heroic Champion Excalibur can headbutt Obelisk with its ATK Doubled. There are alot of ways to counter Obelisk and any other Egyptian Gods. And I know how to wreck decks that tries to get Obelisk out with my Six Samurais and recently, my Atlanteans.

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
Cool, didn't know if its effect simply made it immune from anti-summon effects. Not being able to trigger cards in response to its summon is pretty obnoxious. I like it.

Pretty much all of the god cards are invulnerable. You have to be pretty smart and have to have a fairly good deck to defeat them

For instance, I was playing against a friend who had summoned Slifer, I a Blackwing-Gale The Whirlwind in play and a set Shrink. That effectively reduced it's ATK to 0 and I took it out with no problem

Shrink became one of my new favorite cards after that

Remember when people feared Egyptian God Cards?

They're still rather fearsome in their own right, but I've played against very few people who had them in their decks

Heroes are forever
It just seems to me that in the case of Obelisk, you have to get a monster with 4000 or more atk to destroy it.

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
Are you guys forgetting the abilities of the infamous Winged Dragon of Ra? ;)