The Duel Monsters Thread - Childrens Card Games are Serious Business!

No Fear, No Pain.
My disaster dragon was finally shaping up into a great deck...then REDMD limit....my rage. Now I am working on a chaos dragon while maining my Gladis, which have always worked better. Anti-meta you say? Galdiator beasts do not understand. Gladiator beasts only kill you now, with the swiftness.

Last edited:
Heroes are forever
After playing for some days with many players and getting used to the new play style, all I have to say is:

[HIDE]
344p4is.png
[/HIDE]

My little brain gets confused by spell speeds and those chain thingies. These games are not for children anymore.

EDIT: Somebody was kind enough to explain them to me... I think I understood. I still hate them.

Last edited:
Back in Black
Whoa. Chains have been part of the game for a very long time.

Couldn't you Chain your Ultimate Offering to your De-Spell?

No Fear, No Pain.
No. De-spell was a normal spell if memory serves so that wouldn't work though you could cast it to destroy Ultimate offering. Now Mystical Space Typhoon is a quick play spell card you you could activate it to chain against Ultimate Offering (from your hand during your turn or from the field on yours or theirs.) Of course Despell might have been a quick play. Don't know...been a while since I used despell.

Back in Black
No. De-spell was a normal spell if memory serves so that wouldn't work though you could cast it to destroy Ultimate offering. Now Mystical Space Typhoon is a quick play spell card you you could activate it to chain against Ultimate Offering (from your hand during your turn or from the field on yours or theirs.)

:eyebrow:

Traps can start chains. Ultimate Offering chains to De-Spell. No Quick-Play Magic Cards are required. Ultimate Offering has the same Spell Speed as a Quick-Play Magic Card.

No Fear, No Pain.
AWWW I missed understood you there. I thought you meant useing despell to stop Ultimate Offering. You're right shin.

Heroes are forever
Whoa. Chains have been part of the game for a very long time.

Couldn't you Chain your Ultimate Offering to your De-Spell?
I used to think that, whichever card was the latest to be activated had priority over the others, but it seems it doesn't work like that. I don't remember it being this way before.

Heroes are forever
It still works that way.

The last card to be activated within the chain is the first to be resolved.
But if the spell speed is lower than the other the effect won't apply. Say I use a quick-spell to deny a counter trap... it's not gonna work, even if my quick-spell was the last.

Back in Black
You need a Rulebook. You can't activate a card with a lower Spell Speed in response to another card. You cannot activate a Quick-Play on a Counter Trap. You just can't do it.