"Let's DRIVING!!!!!"
Just finished watching the entire series of Gundam 00, and you know what?! Everyone was right, it was probably one of the finest gundam series that had an excellent description to the storyline and great development in the characters. I liked both seasons 1 and 2 because they actually set up the conflicts between nations very well and the continuation was truly invigorating.

The movie version, even though the ending could have been better, it was even the biggest stepping stone in concluding the 00 universe in which the entire human race have finally lived in peace with the alien invaders. Now, my biggest gripe was the last scene in which Setsuna and Marina reunited after Setsuna was gone for 50 years. I mean, if it was like 4 or 5 years before the ending, it would have been nice. That and it should have shown the fates of the other characters after the credits.

Overall, it was actually a great series. Definitely recommend this for anyone who is new to the Gundam franchise, but wouldn't recommend the movie version though. (If you are a True Gundam fan.)

What does everyone else thought about the series in general?

What I think about it:
Pros:
Consistent storytelling. Most character's growth was properly shown (i.e. minimal personality jumps)
Great Gundam Designs, and good variety in their abilities
Good mix of Likeable "villains" and unlikable protagonists.
The token crazy girl's craziness was not all too unreasonable.

Cons:
Cop-out ending movie. Most of the time, there ain't gonna be a Deus Ex Machina that will suddenly grant you peace. Without any further animosity or whatnot. Maybe this is compensation for how unfortunate Setsuna's entire life has been.
Ambiguously overpowered main Gundam. This is this decades version's of Turn-A, a little bit less overpowered, but with a less explainable power.
Lockon's switch seemed a bit too forced.

All-in-all, except for the circumstances around the main character, I liked this series. Enjoyable action from start to finish, and great supporting cast.

Read my smart post
Gundam 00 reminded me a lot of Gundam Wing. 5 good looking teenage boys pilot uber-powerful Gundams. But that's not a bad thing. The show had great stories, characters and some of the finest animation i've ever seen, althought the second season wasn't as good as the first IMO. I loved it and would recommend it to any anime fan

I think each season being 25 episodes really hurt it, especially in season 2. I thought that Mr. Bushido was really underdeveloped and so was Ali Al Sachez.

Inevitably, Gundam had to go in that direction at some point in context to being in space which I do understand. But the fact it never really went to that extreme and kept it the way it always has been is what makes the series more grounded and humanizing.

As for a new installment, I dont want it to be 25 episodes.

I want a continuation of Gundam X or Gundam F91 instead