The Duel Monsters Thread - Childrens Card Games are Serious Business!

Banned
im all for these card games as long as they serve inspirations for this

[HIDE]
sexy_pokemon_cosplay_021.jpg

cosplay-pokemon-black-and-white.jpg

pokemon-cosplay1.jpg

sexy_db2cf4_1532235.jpg
[/HIDE]

Banned
Damn orginal model duel disk. Good thing god invented customization.

I'm going to remove the Deck are Graveyard tabs, so the card won't be bet and otherwise damaged by inserting/taking out, cutting holes for the Extra Deck and Banished pile, plus fixing a problem with my light button. :castlerock:

Heroes are forever
Anybody here on Dueling Network?
Nice timing. I'm there too, same screenname as here. Though, I'm just getting used to all this new XYZ stuff... and synchros.

So yeah, I got back into Duel Monsters. It all happened one day (I have a lot of free time these days) when I opened my gameboy emulator and decided to play Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Duel Academy to kill time.

And now here I am, testing a dozen decks in dueling network and playing a couple of gameboy games, updating myself while at the same time playing the old school version I remember. I'm also in the middle of preparations to watch Series 1 of Yu-Gi-Oh! and then all of Duel Monsters next year. Then make 2014 the year when I watch GX (happy coincidence), and so on.
I might get some cards to play in real life too, though my wallet is terrified.

When The Fruit Of Life Corrupts Men
Nice timing. I'm there too, same screenname as here. Though, I'm just getting used to all this new XYZ stuff... and synchros.

Yeah, same here. Took me awhile too, here's a brief explanation of the both of them

Sychros- You have to match up the sacrificed monsters levels exactly with the Synchro. You also have to have a tuner type monster in play

XYZ- You need two monsters of the same level and same type. You overlay the XYZ on top of the two of them, so you don't necessarily sacrifice them. Some have effects where in order to use them, you have to get rid of one of the overlays

Heroes are forever
Yeah, I'm testing synchros now. I've screwed up a couple of times because I synchro summoned without a tuner. :sweat:

Had an awesome duel where I stalled for like 20 turns to beat a deck with the egyptian gods :castlerock:

Back in Black
Your opponent looked like this:

FUUU.png

Why?

People expect to win in two turns these days.

I'm a big fan of the one-turn kill, but it only is when it is executed well. I unfortunately am the one person who does it. :redface2: Everyone else just tries to discard your hand before your turn these days. It's not fun.

Why yes, I do know everything
I'm still derping around with my Anti-meta decks and Glad Beasts. I was thinking that I might go to the Regionals in Columbus at the beginning of next month, but, I'm not sure if I'm gonna have the time or not >_<