Banned
A good rule of thumb is to be wary of any site that makes you pay in full, upfront, for Pre-Orders.

Not to say all sites doing that are shady, but it's usually a sign that they're gonna try to screw you.

Not sure if this relates to here, but I'm wondering if they're some really, really good sites for importing European & Japanese games from.

I'm not sure, never really had the need to import any games haha.

I thought I post this again:

--------------------------------

Toysnjoys (A Hawaii Based Company)

In-Store Review - Aiei Location:
The store is really small and cramped. On these shelves, you'll noticed a large casing for a bunch of Kamen Rider toys from the current airing show in Japan. If you want to get to them, then tough luck. All 3 employee rather sit on their butts talking about some random video game then come to ask you if you need assistant. They act if no one has entered in the store at all in the first place. Really bad customer service. They typically don't have latest video games in stock.

In-Store Review - Kaimuki Location:
This store is much larger than the first. And you guess it, the employees (which all cosplay as Naruto characters from time to time) will even more not to notice you at all. Every staff seems to be staring brainlessly at a computer drooling. I've went to them for assistance in finding a certain toy. As I waited gawking at the overpriced items, there screaming kids flew around everywhere. It took 15 minutes before the same guy (dressed as Sasuke) came back and ask what I was waiting for. He even took my backpack and give me back someone's else's. Really bad.

---------

Website Review:
The layout is nice, but if you scroll down to Kamen Rider section, it is still KIVA. Shows how much they care. But they do sell newer Kamen Rider items. Stuff are typically overpriced because Hawaiian business people thinks everything should be expensive even on the web where they have competition.

Online Buying Review (2011):
I've tried ordering out-of-stock items that was made like in 2009. The customer service guy sent me an e-mail promising that it will be shipped within 1 week after I sent payment. After 1.5 weeks, I e-mailed him and he says it will take 2 weeks for them to order from their Japanese warehouse. After 2 weeks, I e-mailed them again. No response within the next week. I filed dispute on PayPal and they immediately refunded without any other explanation. Considering how much time the staff spent on the computer at the service desk, you would think they would respond promptly, but that is not the case.

-----------------------

------------------------------------

Plamoya - http://www.plamoya.com/

This is a review on Plamoya's attack on the customer negatively. Recently, I've purchased something through Plamoya, but decided to cancel before they shipped. I thought since they have a return policy of refunding the buyer for new unopened items, it should be good.

They e-mailed me back saying that they don't cancel. So I told them: I don't know why you have a return policy but not a cancellation policy since it would hurt the buyer with the return shipping costs and your company's reputation anyway for sending the item back. Why go through the trouble of possibly risking damaging the item during transit if you can allow the customer to just simply cancel?

In reply to that, I got this very rude message:

We are very surprised by your arrogance.
Why you couldn't think that cancelation is mischievous behavior for
seller?

We accept cancel and refund in this case because we don't want to meet
you arrogance customer.
Never visit our website again.

bye.

--------------

To say the least, I was astounded by the extremely damaging and unprofessional reply. At least say something like "We look forward to providing better service" or something like that..

Certain sites like Plamoya don't have cancellation and hope that the buyer won't return and won't have to refund. BUYERS BEWARE

I have confirmed that have deleted my account. Really shameful business dealings.

I've never shopped at plamoya but from that response email from them, i think it's enough to add it to the list. :mad:

A good rule of thumb is to be wary of any site that makes you pay in full, upfront, for Pre-Orders.

Not to say all sites doing that are shady, but it's usually a sign that they're gonna try to screw you.

Good advice! I never really thought of it that way. Shall I also include an advice list?

Back in Black
Advice: Multi-quote.

Check terms and conditions regarding pre-orders, cancellations, and deadlines.

Use some kind of payment method that offers some kind of protection.

Send messages to the company a few days before the deadline of not being able to do anything and really get on its case about your issue. If the company poorly responds or tries to buy time until the expiration, then open a case with your payment method company and cancel that payment if possible.

Advice: Multi-quote.

Check terms and conditions regarding pre-orders, cancellations, and deadlines.

Use some kind of payment method that offers some kind of protection.

Send messages to the company a few days before the deadline of not being able to do anything and really get on its case about your issue. If the company poorly responds or tries to buy time until the expiration, then open a case with your payment method company and cancel that payment if possible.

Thank you very much for the input. I will add that in on your behalf! :D

Budou though
I bought things from Plamoya twice and never had a problem. I guess some people were just unlucky.

Fangtaku
I haven't had a problem either. I knew about the "no cancellations" thing because it was clearly stated before I placed the order.

Hobby Link Japan, on the other hand... ugh. I'll never order from them again. They clearly state that orders will not be shipped until complete. This meant that we had to place 2 separate orders, as one item was backordered, and we didn't want to wait for our other items. This was back in June. Good thing we did, too, as we'd STILL be waiting for our order, despite the "usually ships in 4-6 weeks" notice on the backordered item's page. Do note that we had NO contact from HLJ, even after 8 weeks had gone by, letting us know the status of our order. And, given that it was the OOO Rider Keys, which had been on backorder for quite a while at that point, who even knew if we'd get into the first shipment, if they got any in (at this point, it's been on backorder for months, they should just list it as out of stock and stop taking orders, until/unless they get more in).

So we cancelled the order and went to Plamoya, and I also bought the Legend Ranger Switch set 05 to get my W switch. Kinda bummed that I immediately got the candy toy switch right after I placed the order, but I knew when I placed it that I couldn't cancel, so that's my problem.

Last edited:
I haven't had a problem either. I knew about the "no cancellations" thing because it was clearly stated before I placed the order.

Yeah, one has to be aware of such site policy before ordering.

Their customer service was very rude and had no respect nor patience to resolve the issue. If there are other issues that occur to others, then they can also treat them similarly. They delete your account just as simple as that, too, so always save your previous e-mails and PayPal transaction information in case dealing with Plamoya and other sites in case they screw up the transaction and wipe out their evidence.

Plus, besides it's sort of risky for business that allows cancellation before shipping, it's even more risky for the customer's part should the business doesn't allow cancellation prior to payment processing. They just take your money and run in hoping you won't return the item in the end - or even worse, my case with ToysnJoys.

Last edited:

Hobby Link Japan, on the other hand... ugh. I'll never order from them again. They clearly state that orders will not be shipped until complete. This meant that we had to place 2 separate orders, as one item was backordered, and we didn't want to wait for our other items. This was back in June. Good thing we did, too, as we'd STILL be waiting for our order, despite the "usually ships in 4-6 weeks" notice on the backordered item's page. Do note that we had NO contact from HLJ, even after 8 weeks had gone by, letting us know the status of our order. And, given that it was the OOO Rider Keys, which had been on backorder for quite a while at that point, who even knew if we'd get into the first shipment, if they got any in (at this point, it's been on backorder for months, they should just list it as out of stock and stop taking orders, until/unless they get more in).

So we cancelled the order and went to Plamoya, and I also bought the Legend Ranger Switch set 05 to get my W switch. Kinda bummed that I immediately got the candy toy switch right after I placed the order, but I knew when I placed it that I couldn't cancel, so that's my problem.

Hmm, I see what you mean. They do state it, but I still feel that being a business they shouldn't have sent such an email. Ofcourse, I do not know for sure too, so if maybe I'll take off Plamoya. Then if other members place more complaints, I'll put it back up and I will try to do this with all websites mentioned. Thanks for all your inputs :D