Minato Ascending
I like most of the cast, except their choice for Joe the Condor. I just don't think Go Ayano looks cool enough or dark enough to play the Condor (Jetman got theirs down much much better), and I think Tori Matsuzaka while a good choice as Ken the Eagle would've been AMAZING as Joe the Condor. Just check out his performance as Takeru in Shinkenger and you can see why, especially early on when he likes to go in solo (much like Joe would) and leaves his teammates behind. I hope the movie will do Gatchaman justice, because it's a long time coming for us Gatchaman fans.

Super Moderator
I like most of the cast, except their choice for Joe the Condor. I just don't think Go Ayano looks cool enough or dark enough to play the Condor (Jetman got theirs down much much better), and I think Tori Matsuzaka while a good choice as Ken the Eagle would've been AMAZING as Joe the Condor. Just check out his performance as Takeru in Shinkenger and you can see why, especially early on when he likes to go in solo (much like Joe would) and leaves his teammates behind. I hope the movie will do Gatchaman justice, because it's a long time coming for us Gatchaman fans.

His role as Takeru makes it easier for me to see him as Ken than as Joe. He wasn't going solo for the kind of reasons that Joe would. For Takeru despite knowing that Shinkenger is supposed to be a team he wanted to take the responsibility exclusively upon himself and of course towards the end of the series we learn a big part of the reason why he would feel that way.

I do kind of agree with you about their pick for Joe. It's kind of hard to visualize just from the pics available. Joe and Ryu are the two casting picks I'm a little unsure about right now. I love that they got the kid from the Ultraman Zero movie as Jinpei. We'll see. In the meantime some inspiration:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI94gNzelD4"]Gatchaman Opening - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Raxbait: Hip
Spider Orphenoch ain't cool enough to play Joe.

:p

Whoa, was he really the Spider Orphenoch?

I'd hope they would have the actor put on some pounds for the role. Ryu should definitely not look like a whisper thin ikemen lad.

He's actually pretty buff, if that counts for anything?

His role as Takeru makes it easier for me to see him as Ken than as Joe. He wasn't going solo for the kind of reasons that Joe would. For Takeru despite knowing that Shinkenger is supposed to be a team he wanted to take the responsibility exclusively upon himself and of course towards the end of the series we learn a big part of the reason why he would feel that way.

I do kind of agree with you about their pick for Joe. It's kind of hard to visualize just from the pics available. Joe and Ryu are the two casting picks I'm a little unsure about right now. I love that they got the kid from the Ultraman Zero movie as Jinpei. We'll see. In the meantime some inspiration:

Gatchaman Opening - YouTube

I've seen Ayano in a couple of works, although I don't know much about this Joe character, I'd say Ayano could nail the part down acting wise. He's done dark roles before. Funny enough, it was in Gantz, the same film this screenwriter wrote.

Coming out in 2010!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOu7TAZUmhc"]Gatchaman first look - YouTube[/ame]

Yeah that failed...

Would have been like the TMNT CGI movie.

Super Moderator
I like this song, but I like Ichiro Mizuki's version better. But this version's good too.:D

While I dig Ichiro Mizuki I'm gonna have to go with the original on this one. Though I did see a clip of Isao Sasaki (who voiced Joe in the original anime series) covering it and it was total awesome. Wish I could find it again.

I've seen Ayano in a couple of works, although I don't know much about this Joe character, I'd say Ayano could nail the part down acting wise. He's done dark roles before. Funny enough, it was in Gantz, the same film this screenwriter wrote.

Joe is kind of the Wolverine of the team. Not to compare the two directly but just to kind of get you into the ballpark of his character. He's the loner. The rival. Clashes with the leader. You get the jist. When they're in their ship Joe's first answer to every problem is to fire the Bird Missles at it. Kinda like Lt. Worf with Photon Torpedo's in Star Trek: TNG. There's more to Joe that just his attitude but that's the baseline.

About Ryu, to be fair he is supposed to be kind of the strong guy of the team but he's also an ace pilot. The character as drawn has a bit of a gut on him.

I always thought that Ryu just had a lot of muscle on him, kinda like a sumo wrestler, which is why he seemed fat.

FINALLY!!! :castlerock::castlerock:

Tori's a good choice for Ken. They definitely need to get a fat guy for Ryu,Hell Jetman had a chubby dude for Yellow Owl. If anything they feed the guy a few cheeseburgers and He'd plump up,lol.

It's nice to see a classic anime like this getting the live action treatment it deserves. Hopefully it will live up to Takashi Miike's adaptation of Yatterman.