CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I.. have no clue.
She does the same thing in the anime, too; sends out Koffing first, followed by Scolipede and then Garbodor. :laugh:

I guess the folks behind the games don't really think about a Gym Leader's signiture Pokémon that much. For the record I rather dislike when a Gym Leader's signiture pokémon is from ap revious generation. I think Gym Leaders should showcase the new goodies.

Then again I also think Gym Leaders should teach the younger players about more advanced strategies. Where's my Baton Pass using Gym Leader Gamefreak?! Or one who stacks conditions? One of my favorite Gym EVER is the Petalburg Gym in Hoenn because all the Trainers and Norman show you how dangerous the X items can be when used correctly! At least Cheren shows you that Work Up isn't useless.

Raxbait: Hip
Grinding in Castelia still before i hit the 3rd gym. Thank gawd for the relic ruins lol

Ok... Dream Radar is far more entertaining than I expected :sweat:

Haha, it is isnt it? Sadly...I've played it more than Black 2, OTL

Lurker
I've managed to catch 2 of N's Pokemon :thumbs:

And one of them was a Darmanitan with Zen Mode :castlerock:

---

My team is finally full.

-Serperior
-Lucario
-Electabuzz
-Growlithe
-Vaporeon
-Golett

Disappear into light!!
So, I just got and marathoned White 2 for close to 7 hours(hey, it's the weekend). Now I'm at route 4 after beating Crosley.

Current team:
Snivy lvl 21, timid
Lucario lvl 22, bashful
Psyduck lvl 21, modest
Flaafy lvl 21, serious
Growlithe lvl 22, quirky

For some reason, I never used a Grass starter other than Bulbasaur. So after using Oshawott for White, I decided to try Snivy.

I think Snivy had great potential. High defense, special defense and speed make it a good supporter. But till now, I had problems using it. A lot of Pokemon in the early game tend to hit Grass types really hard. Futher more, my Snivy's timid nature, plus its inherently low attack stats, PLUS the lack of special Grass moves, it just can't hit hard enough. I'm keeping it as Snivy until it got Mega Drain to make use of the high defense. On the upside, it's my quickest Pokemon, can take a lot of punishment for a small snake, and is good at support.

Both my Lucario and Growlithe had null nature, which turned out to be a problem. Both have REALLY high special attack stats that it can't use due to lack of good special moves, especially Lucario, whose special attack are higher that its attack, and don't have a single special move. But I know both will be good attackers later in the game.

I'm surprised by how good a sheep Pokemon is. High all around stats except speed, it can take a lot of punishment and dish out a lot as well. And Cotton Spore is so awesome.

I'm still debating my sixth Pokemon. A flyer, a ground tank, or another offensive Pokemon? For now I decided to try Sandile for the heck of it. If that's a bad choice, someone tell me. Other advice are also welcome.

The Passing Through Crisis
From experience, Sandile was pretty decent in White. It helped out against most of the gym leaders and elite four members. Its final form can learn Outrage which was plenty of help to defeat various dragon pokemon.

I've got both Black 2 and White 2, but I'm only playing White 2 at the moment. The other game is more for when I want to revisit the game later without having to sacrifice the save file. Currently six badges in, slowly making my way to Drayden.

All at level 40, my current party consists of:
Lucario, lax
Fraxure, adamant
Growlithe, bashful
Emboar, quiet
Vaporeon, bashful

The last spot is currently vacant, not sure what I'd like to have as the final member. There's still plenty of ground to until the Elite Four, so I'm in no big hurry. My team is weak to ground though so I'll probably do something about it to balance it out. I may take out Growlithe when it becomes an Arcanine (pretty close to learning all its level-up moves). For now I'm satisfied with what I've got.

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
Finally managed to catch an Eevee after like two hours in that little park >< first one I encountered got knocked out by a (un)lucky crit >< wondering if I should go for Vaporeon ...

Why isn't there an item that boosts you defense while taking away you chances at crits? That would be great to catch Pokémons!

There's a Mandibuzz that appears on Route 4 (probably a Braviary in White2) on Thursday. I caught it but I don't know if I'll use it. It's lv 25 so I'll keep it for now.

Currently leveling it up to take on Elesa...

I'm still not sure what to do with my team. So many choices!!

No Fear, No Pain.
I'm surprised by how good a sheep Pokemon is. High all around stats except speed, it can take a lot of punishment and dish out a lot as well. And Cotton Spore is so awesome.

I'm still debating my sixth Pokemon. A flyer, a ground tank, or another offensive Pokemon? For now I decided to try Sandile for the heck of it. If that's a bad choice, someone tell me. Other advice are also welcome.

I had a Flaffy way back when the first version of Silver came out for the game Boy Color. I loved that little bastard and evolved him all the way. He was on par with my Typhlosion and Lugia! Good times.

I have an evolved Sandile (still learning that forms name...these new pokemon guys...) in white version and she is pretty awsome. Named her Scathach, and she has proven her metal more then once. I really need to get around to finishing White...but that electric cave:redface2:.

REALLY want Black 2 or White 2 now after hearing you guys talk about all the classic pokemon and hearing about your parties. May work on my team this week end, blow through the last three badges, and hit up the elite four sometime next week. I can transfer all my pokemon over right?

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
You can use the PokéTransfer once you got the National Dex. Don't know why they couldn't just slide a Time Machine concept in there. I mean the whole game is pretty much re-used assets (saved for the Pokéstar Studio).

I like Flaffy and Ampharos enough but I don't have that good of a memory of 'em from Silver. Maybe I should give the sheep another go.

I always wished Ampharos had been an Electric/Dragon though, THAT would have been ace!

Disappear into light!!
I've decided to try Sandile. Caught three of them before I got the one with a satisfactory nature, Careful. Jolly would have served it better, but oh well.

Since I decided to not use Psyduck, I'm down to one more spot. And I don't have any Flying or Water types. Maybe a Dragon? I never used dragons before.

The main reason I wanted to post is that I just arrived at Nimbasa. What's the deal with the nurse that you fought in front of the Ferris wheel?

Last edited: