KR X SS: Superhero Taisen Movie - Talk Up! [THREAD TITLE FIXED TO BE MORE CLEAR]

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
I reckon they should've just stuck with the Fourze, Decade, OOO, Gokaiger and Go-Buster cast for the final battle. No more "All" Rider or Sentai movies. They should stick with a small cast that has people representing both sides which would still be a valid KR x SS or really any team up movie.

I think that's how the future "SHT" movies SHOULD BE done from now on........I doubt Toei has the balls to pull out their wallet to try to attempt combining all members of the franchise together on an annual basis in the spring.

Yeah, the current Rider/Sentai, Decade/Gokaiger, and maybe a few other past riders on each side if they can get the actors back, or at least one from that team in the Sentai case, I think would be enough. I wouldn't be opposed to limiting past members to the legendary 7 and either the Gorangers or Akaranger + Big One. But I think we've had enough big team ups. I am glad with this one they limited the numbers, especially on the Sentai side, allowed things a bit more room.

I reckon they should've just stuck with the Fourze, Decade, OOO, Gokaiger and Go-Buster cast for the final battle. No more "All" Rider or Sentai movies. They should stick with a small cast that has people representing both sides which would still be a valid KR x SS or really any team up movie.

If the plot only involved them since the start, not the other heroes at all, that'd be fine, but otherwise no. I think Movie Wars 2010 made a big disservice to past Riders when it featured many heroes only to be killed in the first half, not bringing them back to face the villains afterwards, even if they were presumably resurrected off screen. Really, Riders losing isn't a problem, as long as they return later and make things right, like they'd do if they lost in their own series. The Riders defeated by Decade in Movie Wars 2010 never had the chance to do that there.

I think that's how the future "SHT" movies SHOULD BE done from now on........I doubt Toei has the balls to pull out their wallet to try to attempt combining all members of the franchise together on an annual basis in the spring.

This movie DID make more money than the usual crossover movies though, so there still seems to be an audience for something like this that doesn't bother with smaller crossovers or standalone movies.

If they do reduce the cast though, I hope they don't go only with current and previous teams (nor just keep featuring Rider 1/2 and Akaranger out of the past heroes)...

Last edited:
I wasn't trying to say it should just be them, heck I'd happily take V3 and Big One as the sole past representatives, but I feel the W Riders and Akaranger are the most obvious starting points aside from the current series + Decade and Gokaiger. Den-O for example is practically guaranteed for this sort of film since the mininum Toei need to do is hand Toshihiko Seki a script and tell him to read them as Momotaros.

As an aside to that, do all of the Taros' VAs do other seiyuu work for Toei?

"Training."
Sorry I worded it kinda weird. What I meant was that the movie should've been tweaked (plot-wise etc.) and only have Decade, Fourze, OOO + Gokaiger and Go-Busters as the main cast for the story instead of having "All Rider/Sentai" elements in the story. Heck I wouldn't have mind if they stuck to the formula in more recent SS VS movies where...

- Both sides meet and have a conflict.

- Both sides are mixed and split up in different places.

- Characters learn to understand each other's differences and admire their similarities or whatever is appropriate

- Groups reunite and then final battle.

Last edited:
Alright, that makes more sense. Still, I liked getting this movie at least this one time (Especially since Super Sentai ended up not making a second Legend War).

Sorry I worded it kinda weird. What I meant was that the movie should've been tweaked (plot-wise etc.) and only have Decade, Fourze, OOO + Gokaiger and Go-Busters as the main cast for the story instead of having "All Rider/Sentai" elements in the story. Heck I wouldn't have mind if they stuck to the formula in more recent SS VS movies where...

- Both sides meet and have a conflict.

- Both sides are mixed and split up in different places.

- Characters learn to understand each other's differences and admire their similarities or whatever is appropriate

- Groups reunite and then final battle.

If we had a head producer for a Sentai show in-charge of the next SHT, we might see something similar to that................

INSTEAD of the Shirakura "let's make conflict outta bullshit" philosophy that he always utilizes for his team-up movies

So I watched the raw...I...I didn't hate it...I didn't...I didn't hate it...It wasn't the usual Decade crap we always get. It wasn't him and Marvelous killing everyone they were just being teleported. Most of them barley had a chance to fight and if the Legendary 7 were in on it then they weren't humiliated. So all that hate...was for nothing...

I mean don't get me wrong it was poorly written and there were enough continuity errors within the movie itself that you don't even need to think of how it effects the two franchises just be confused but...I didn't hate it.

So I watched the raw...I...I didn't hate it...I didn't...I didn't hate it...It wasn't the usual Decade crap we always get. It wasn't him and Marvelous killing everyone they were just being teleported. Most of them barley had a chance to fight and if the Legendary 7 were in on it then they weren't humiliated. So all that hate...was for nothing...

I mean don't get me wrong it was poorly written and there were enough continuity errors within the movie itself that you don't even need to think of how it effects the two franchises just be confused but...I didn't hate it.

tumblr_mbp0gmb42b1ry4gxq.gif

i think the only reason this movie had all rider and sentai is because the main cast consisted of gokai red and decade who are people that have all sentai and rider powers so i think in this case it was necessary, for next year if they do this again I would hope the use all the characters from fourze, wizard, go-busters and kyoryuger