Aronbafon
You're better off 4 Goku. Having 4 Goku is one of the most effective english Kagero decks more so than Overlord. 11k defensive, but you can only get off with his effect once to twice per match, and 3CB just to lose Twin Drive and slaughter RGs with a possibility of being blocked to cancel the effect isn't as rational as, say, 1CB to kill a Grade 1 and Soulcharge, 2CB to kill a Grade 2-0, or Drive Check a Grade 3 to kill a Grade 1 Booster.

After that, Heat-Nail Salamander in BT04 is a more suitable replacement than Berserk because of the recycling effect with the ability to still kill boosters.

I'd say a more proper English deck pre-BT05 (I don't even want to acknowledge The End) is

4 Goku
4 Waterfall

While Goku is best Early Game, Waterfall can manage itself with a conditionless 13k offensive to Vanguard if you're forced to ride it Early Game. And it helps unclog your hand with the G3s you don't need once you Ride it Late Game.
Well Overlord isn't thought of as Main VG, but as mainly a RG since his skill can be activated as RG.

PARTY HARD
Almost done with my OTT Tsukuyomi deck. All I need for it is:

Goddess of the Full Moon, Tsukuyomi x2
CEO Amaterasu
Silent Tom
Battle Sister, Chocolat (currently on its way to me.

It would be Evil Eye Princess Euryale, but Set 5 has yet to come out for english. And I'm getting at least 2 to replace an Amaterasu and a Full Moon Tsukuyomi.

I think Vanguard Rider has some Full Moon Tsukus. Pocketpulls has a Silent Tom for $16, and rhevenge has 3 of them. Otsu also has some Amaterasus if you have somethnig you can trade him with. And HerO has Chocolats for $12.

Well Overlord isn't thought of as Main VG, but as mainly a RG since his skill can be activated as RG.

But it's because that he is more of an RG that there really isn't a need to run 4 of him. The point I'm trying to make is that despite what it is, Overlord's skill really isn't that good and not something you should consider relying on. At least Goku can make Drive Checking more worth it when you get a G3.

I think I understand the benefit of Overlord a little more, but I still don't think that 4 is a must.

Last edited:
Aronbafon
In my opinion running 4 means if Goku checks him, I get a benefit of him being there. Waterfall benefits of me throwing G3's for extra power. And with his 11k there isn't a Vanguard he currently cannot hit.

Ready! Fire!!
Popular clans are getting new cards from the 9th set, having them focused on crossriding on Cards with Leader in it. Meaning cards with that specified word in it, you cannot use that unit to attack if you have a unit from a different clan on the field. Cards that are given the crossride is:

Incandescent Lion, Blon Ezel > Radiant Lion, Platinum Ezel
Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion > Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion The Blood
CEO Amaterasu > Goddess of the Sun, Amaterasu
Blue Storm Dragon, Maelstrom > Blue Storm Supreme Dragon, Glory Maelstrom
Beast Deity, Azure Dragon > Super Beast Deity, Ilminal Dragon
Spectral Duke Dragon > Spectral Duke Overlord (actual name unknown)

Aronbafon
Popular clans are getting new cards from the 9th set, having them focused on crossriding on Cards with Leader in it. Meaning cards with that specified word in it, you cannot use that unit to attack if you have a unit from a different clan on the field. Cards that are given the crossride is:

Incandescent Lion, Blon Ezel > Radiant Lion, Platinum Ezel
Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion > Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion The Blood
CEO Amaterasu > Goddess of the Sun, Amaterasu
Blue Storm Dragon, Maelstrom > Blue Storm Supreme Dragon, Glory Maelstrom
Beast Deity, Azure Dragon > Super Beast Deity, Ilminal Dragon
Spectral Duke Dragon > Spectral Duke Overlord (actual name unknown)
Radiant Lion, Platinum Ezel 「光輝の獅子 プラチナエイゼル」http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Radiant_Lion,_Platinum_Ezel

Ultimate Beast Diety, Illuminal Dragon 「超獣神 イルミナル・ドラゴン」 http://cardfight.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Beast_Deity,_Ilminal_Dragon

Supremacy Blue Storm Dragon, Glory Maelstrom 「蒼嵐覇竜 グローリー・メイルストローム」
[HIDE] 201210271543019f7.jpg[/HIDE]

Goddess of the Sun, Amaterasu 「日輪の女神 アマテラス」
[HIDE]201210271543012d4.jpg[/HIDE]

Dragonic Kaiser Vermillion "THE BLOOD" 「ドラゴニック・カイザー・ヴァーミリオン “THE BLOODâ€」 [HIDE]20121027154301e1b.jpg[/HIDE]

Spectral "Horse"
[HIDE]
135126068658513201568_af0eb9ab.jpg
[/HIDE]

Also, I went to lolcals today, went 2-2 after a harsh battle for trying to reach Top 4. Pulled crap in my booster for being in it, though I did get something nice anyways.
[HIDE]
sleeves.jpg
[/HIDE]

PARTY HARD
Release dates for sets EB02 and beyond are getting pushed forward. Instead of Saturdays they're set to release internationally, they're now on Fridays. So instead of November 10, it's November 9.

Not much of an update if it's just a difference of a day...

Why yes, I do know everything
My friend is buying me two boxes of Banquest of Divas in exchange for some of the toku stuff I bought him in Japan. Pretty pumped to finally be making a Bermuda Triangle deck

Aronbafon
I'll have to wait with mine because I'm going to London at the end of November so all money is going there.

Ready! Fire!!
More Trial decks coming. And it's on Gold Paladins and Narukami again. With the Gold Paladin version of Gancelot and what seems to be a crosseide of Thunder Break Dragon, being the main and cover cards for the new trial decks coming.

VG_TD8_TD9.jpg