KR X SS: Superhero Taisen Movie - Talk Up! [THREAD TITLE FIXED TO BE MORE CLEAR]

kamensentai.jpg

Known as Kamen Rider X Super Sentai: Superhero Taisen to boring people, the epic crossover movie everyone was anticipating, whether they thought it was descent or crap, has finally passed through. People have seen it and have Elite Opinions on it, so let's talk about Kaitou and Joe making out...um, I mean kick ass action. Warning, there are spoilers for those who haven't watched!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just an Internet User Passing Thru
.........this isn't a FK or Hidden Masta thread, why are you stealing their "Thread title making" swag, dogg :p :laugh:

The movie was meh...........I actually read the synposis/spoilers to the movie on the weekend the movie was released in Japan, so I knew the plot was going to basically be non-existent (like all team-up movies produced by Shirakura).

It was good seeing Decade & the Gokaigers again, but that's it.

Last edited:
The Meteor has landed
So...many...plotholes...excuse a moment, I need some MegaMax therapy right now.

.........this isn't a FK or Hidden Masta thread, why are you stealing their "Thread title making" swag, dogg :p :lol:

I was amused by the chemistry of Kaitou and Joe were having as homoerotic BlueBros, so I decided to have a little fun.

Bromance isn't too far off, Kaitou's actor DID out the character when Movie War 2010 came out or something like that.

as for the movie as a whole some GokaiRed vs. Fourze and Go-Busters vs. Decade some stuff and a big battle later and all we get is Eiji and Hina having another ust moment amd Daiki hitting on Joe with that look on his face.

but all in all the movie has the fight scenes being enjoyable and that funny part where Go-Busters did Fourze's pose, but the story seemed to not exist.

Lurker
I was expecting to not like the movie much, but I ended up liking it a lot.

I don't do sense
Joe and Kaito were the worst part of the movie.
Didn't help that Joe being all stupid took almost a third of the runtime.

While this film had a lot of flaws, I did like the mood set at the beginning, with made me fill with dread even while Gentarou and the girls were scrambling to pray at each shooting star.

always henshining'
the movie wasnt as bad as some people are saying, it had its merits.
i didnt feel bored while watching which is more than i have to say about most other big crossover movies. Marvelous, Tsukasa, Joe and Kaito provided decent drama. Kaito acting that way at he end is no surprise, he was never a consistent character :laugh: Gentaro, Eiji, Hina and the other Gokaigers could have been more useful however.
could it be better ? of course but it could have been far worse too. i am glad they went for focus on a small group of characters instead of wasting screentime on a worthless borefest like the Go-busters.

Lurker
I don't really get why people hated this movie so much.
Sure the plot was non existent and the action was a bit subpar, but seeing both Super Sentai and Kamen Rider interact was worth slugging through this mess of a movie.
The CGI for the mech battle at the very end was really well done and seeing the M-BUS in space during the Giga Drill Break at the end was a nice touch.