Kamen Rider vs. Sentai Movie "Superhero Taisen" May 2012

It's too early for this, but, after rewatching the movie, I've confirmed that there were some scenes from the trailer and some other material which were seemingly completely cut. Here's the promotional material I have that apparently wasn't in this version of the movie. Considering how they mixed the credits with the final scenes, a DC is very possible here (differently from, say, Let's Go Kamen Riders, where both were separate in the original and only cut) - separating the credits from the actual final scenes seems to be a feature of every single one of Toei's DCs.

SuperHeroWars_DC_01.jpg

The two pictures to the left come from a magazine and the movie's booklet, while the other four come from the second trailer. Aside from W and Accel getting some kind of fighting scene cut, Daguba seems completely absent from the final battle in the movie that we have, while that promotional shot shows him alongside some other commander-type monsters in the shooting location of the final battle.

Last edited:
Lurker
It's 3 minutes in and I already have so much problem suspending my disbelief. I'm sorry, not to be a Kamen Rider Fanboy, but there's no way that Marvelous can defeat Legendary 7 ALL BY HIMSELF. I'm not buying that. One character from team based series against 7 main characters each basically one man army in itself. I'm hoping there's something I'm missing, otherwise this is just too much bullshit to swallow for me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
Full RAW YT

Mod Edit: full streaming raws are also a no-no, sorry.

Does this movie just went full retard? Yes I believe so. At times it didn't make sense and was completely laughable. And at more times Wizard's fights were way better then what you get in this movie?

- Super Sentai is portrayed as way more stronger than Riders here. Captain Marvellous taking out the 'Legend 7' + OOO + Twin Birth was kinda ridiculous. Diend getting knocked out within 1 minute of the fight. While Decade struggled slightly against the Gobusters at the start. Hell even General Shadow did a better job than Decade.

- Decade's hairstyle is awful as usual, he can't sound evil as well.

- What's the point of Kamen Ride when you don't use the powers? Other than Kabuto's clock up and Ryuki's dragredder he turned into Blade, Faiz and Hibiki for nothing. The fight ended with this weird anticlimax.

- Too much time spent on the Denliner. Too many Den-Os fighting at the same time!!!

- Again the Sentai get such a long time for the finisher effects, fighting etc compared to the Riders. You get a full time executing a proper finisher for 10 seconds and a random Darkness Moon Break by Kiva in the end. Great.

- HIBIKI WHY YOU NO USE YOUR PROPER DRUM FINISHER INSTEAD OF USING THE FLAMES!!!!

- Overall GokaiRed seems more immortal than Decade to me. Shame on you Decade, ONORE!

- Diend became the big baddie?! I haven't been reading the spoilers properly I guess.

- No flying to Saturn wasn't logical. Neither was flying around the ring within 5 seconds.

- The Goseiger cards for a reflect defense? That was it. Wizard could have spammed his Copy + Defend easily. I laughed though when Narutaki went ONORE and the card announcement was actually different for the 3 Riders.

- Why didn't they put the FINAL VENT and LIGHTNING SONIC sounds in?!?! I mean ok I forgive you for the Final Vent cos the Dragreder was there, but Blade was pathetic with no effects at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Training."
You know what? I just didn't care anymore about faults and what not while watching and it was pretty entertaining. I do that for all of Toei's work and toku in general. :laugh:

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
It's 3 minutes in and I already have so much problem suspending my disbelief. I'm sorry, not to be a Kamen Rider Fanboy, but there's no way that Marvelous can defeat Legendary 7 ALL BY HIMSELF. I'm not buying that. One character from team based series against 7 main characters each basically one man army in itself. I'm hoping there's something I'm missing, otherwise this is just too much bullshit to swallow for me.

Does this movie just went full retard? Yes I believe so. At times it didn't make sense and was completely laughable. And at more times Wizard's fights were way better then what you get in this movie?

And Producer Shirakura's mission as the movie's head producer is accomplished.

Everytime Shirakura becomes the head producer for a toku team-up movie, this is ultimately expected EVERY FUCKING TIME.
:shakefist

In the Dai-Shocker scene, I can't identify one of the commanders, he's stood between Shadow Moon and the Land El, any help?

I think it's the Armored Douji from Nurikabe (Hibiki eps 11-12).

I'm sorry, not to be a Kamen Rider Fanboy, but there's no way that Marvelous can defeat Legendary 7 ALL BY HIMSELF. I'm not buying that. One character from team based series against 7 main characters each basically one man army in itself. I'm hoping there's something I'm missing, otherwise this is just too much bullshit to swallow for me.

Well, this movie seems to go with the power levels from the Basco battle> Gokaired > The other 5 Gokaiger put together. There's an explanation for the easy "kills" though, but, even in spite of that, they do seem to portray Gokaired as stronger than a standard Rider...

Still, in that one Riders on bike Vs Sentai scene you've got various Riders knocking down multiple Sentai teams, and in the background later W is seen beating up the entire Zyuranger team by himself...

Speaking about background battles... I'm a Flashman fan, so I quickly noticed this during one of the aerial shots:

SuperHeroWars_scs_03.jpg

Red Flash and Denji Red teaming up, complete with some interaction before they started attacking together. Nice choreography from the suit actors, considering how the camera wasn't focused on them at all.

Last edited:
Lurker
The ending battle loosened me up a bit. But it still a rather boring movie to be honest. All battles before were boring because of the screwed up power levels. intentional or not, when there's no consistency of any kind it doesn't actually matter who fights who. it's just stuff happening.

But even than the whole final battle dragged for way too long.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
Oh and that guy who took 10 final form heisei riders to get destroyed in movie wars 2010? Here just got killed by a freaking slash by gokai red, not to mention legendary 7 out powered by one man. There is some serious balancing problems in terms of power here.

Weirdly enough even though I LOVED the decade, ryuki blade team up, I found it 'inappropriate' how they left it as a final finisher for the boss. Also OOO had no significance at all, hina did more actually. She could be a good replacement for natasumikan :thumbs: