Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Ep 33 - "Morphin! Powered Custom"

I wouldn't mind the "costom" (which, to me, reads as a mix of "custom" and "costume"), except that if you look at the following screenshot, of the attack, it's spelled "custom".

Maybe that one is wrong!

The Meteor has landed
overtimespecopscellgobu.jpg

At least they acknowledge it.

Also, this episode felt too short. It's like they were rushing to reveal the Powered Custom mode, and not really focusing on the plot as much. And what's with Enter's suddenly glowing red eyes? What, does he also have a part of Messiah in him too? And does it have hypnotic powers too? Cause it seems like as soon he flashed his eyes, Escape looked like she was controlled by him.

Hibiki Soukou
overtimespecopscellgobu.jpg

At least they acknowledge it.

My favorite line in the episode.

I do dig that the Buddyroids have to combine with the powered custom. I've been waiting for them to start physically assisting the rangers in battle more often. The chests of the customs are a little iffy for me, mainly Red's, but otherwise its a cool looking upgrade. It really shines on the helmets if you ask me.

- Wait a second, did this episode pull a Kuuga where there was a mostly offscreen battle and you feel completely confused like you missed an episode.

- Go-Busters, stop watching the school sink into the sand and f*#king help rescue the people inside!

- Though the card thing made me groan, the way Enter presented it made me go "that is deliciously evil." Now for good execution.

- The way Enter briefly subdued Hiromu with the blade the latter's throat and whispering near his helmet was kinda kinky.

- Didn't know these evil robots were literally collecting humans as data, after Nick gets pulled in. That could be kinda creepy.

- As I expected, Escape isn't happy in the least with Enter scattering Messiah all over the city as trading cards. Escape and Enter probably would have tension for the remainder of the show.

- Also, glowing red eyes, what. Did Enter gain some of Messiah's power. Is it his whole plan to get all the power from the cards, then kill Messiah and become the fabulous god he deserves to be?

- Kinda like that the Buddyroids will be fighting beside their partners, in a figurative sense, since they have been support staff throughout the show, albeit likable and important support staff.

- Now I'm interested in the MotW stealing people as data, directly referencing how Hiromu and Yoko lost their parents.

- Wow, this is like reverse of Digimon Tamers Biomerge Evolution.

- Well, that was fun to watch. Was the card destroyed, though?

- Did they skip the zord battle sequence? okay!

- Next time, Jin becomes wacky for either brainwashing or other reasons.

Storytelling wise if this didn't happen we could of just gotten twenty something episodes of filler until episode 48 when they would fight Messiah. This could of actually been a good thing.

You're right; and I think the plot we have now in Go-Busters is the lesser of two evils.

So OOO can spell cheetah as cheetar but Gobusters can't call it Powered Costom? Where do we draw the line?
The OOO medals didn't get spelt out on the screen. It was only in promo stuff and toy packaging that they insisted on their wacky spellings. I think Fourze's radar switch was missplet "rader" on it's first appearance, but they corrected that for it's next appearance. Hopefully they will here too.

- This episode furthers the theory that Enter is going to end up as the main bad guy, which isn't a bad thing, as he's easily the most entertaining part of the show.

- They really don't know what to do with Beet and Stag, huh?

- The super modes are a little underwhelming. They're at least not as overwhelmingly bad as some of them have been, but they feel a bit too lacking. Maybe more of a change to the helmets than just a silver trim around the visor would have helped.

- The super modes are a little underwhelming. They're at least not as overwhelmingly bad as some of them have been, but they feel a bit too lacking. Maybe more of a change to the helmets than just a silver trim around the visor would have helped.
I know what you mean. The chestplates blend into their normal suits underneath. At times it looks like the only differences are the silver kneepads and bracers. I'm glad they didn't take the Goseiger head-on-chest route though. But something a bit more like Dekaranger's SWAT mode would have been nice.