Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters, Ep 33 - "Morphin! Powered Custom"

The new Tendou Souji
w96Sn.jpg

Tokumei Sentai Go-Busters episode 33
"Morphin! Powered Custom"

Writer: Yasuko Kobayashi

With Enter back without Messiah, he has more powerful Metaloids that the Go-Busters must find a new way to battle.

Preview: http://www.tv-asahi.co.jp/go-bus/contents/Next/cur/

Just an Internet User Passing Thru
So Hiromu inherits GekiRed's finisher?

Welcome
They spelled Powered Custom wrong.

Oh, Toei.You're a large corporation who has control over a lot of the Japanese entertainment industry, yet you can't even spell "custom."

I must say though, it's strange how they spelled it correctly in the finisher attack, yet when transforming, they spell it as costom.

okosbk.jpg

24109sm.png

So essentially, Hiromu's speed increases to the point you can't even see the green matrix things, Yoko can now fly instead of just jump and gets a Rider Kick, and Ryuji can pull giant objects out of nowhere.

I hope we get to see Ryuji and Yoko's finishers.

Last edited:
Many thanks to Over:Time for begin even quicker than usual...and for teaching me that Tony the Tiger sells "Frosted Flakes" in the US rather than "Frosties" as they're known here :sly:

While I totally called the 'Messiah was backed up' idea, I quite liked the 'Messiah cards' concept. I suppose it spells out the rest of the series to us. 12 more cards, so 12 more episodes. That would take us up to 45. I'm sure they'll put at least one comedic filler in there somewhere (we usually get a Christmas / New Year themed one around episode 40) so that's up to 46 sorted. Then a 2 part final stand off with Enter and Escape?

As for Powered Costom Custom, it's not the most spectacular super form, but it's not the worst either. For some reason I do like the added chrome strips around the sides of the sunglasses/visors. It will be interesting to see if the extra powers like flight or summoning an animal spirit will stick around or if they'll get quietly dropped, much like the various powers sixth rangers (or Rider final forms) get upon introduction.

Even without considering the upgrades, it was a decent episode. Though I think J asking Yoko if he can Powered Custom with her is going to send the shippers crazy :redface2:

Last edited:
Some comments about that episode:
- It's a great episode, because it introduced the second part of the main plot, with the Messiah cards; I don't think it's a very interesting plot, but the concept isn't too bad, especially with the concept of "gathering human data"
- Enter confirms he's one of the best recent sentai villains : in my opinion, he's probably the best character of Go-Busters, and it's always interesting to see the rage and hate that can surface beneath his usually cool behaviour
- We have the "Go-Busters power-up which is well done, and the concept of the Buddyroids being part of that Power up is great, because it raises the partnership between the rangers and their Buddyroids to a new level

However, it also confirms the limitations of Go-Busters= you can't help but feel that that "Messiah card plot" is the result of a retool, and the impact of the battle in episode 29 and 30 is unavoidably lessened; storytelling wise, it's not the best; and of course, it's gonna be difficult to see that "Messiah card" plot as a mere variation of the "Metavirus, install"; and and frankly, Escape is completely overshadowed by Enter.

Wait, wait wait.

Did Hiromu Bamf? I think Hiromu just Bamfed! Any Sentai that turns the Red Ranger into Nightcrawler is okay in my book.

They spelled Powered Custom wrong.

Oh, Toei.You're a large corporation who has control over a lot of the Japanese entertainment industry, yet you can't even spell "custom."

I must say though, it's strange how they spelled it correctly in the finisher attack, yet when transforming, they spell it as costom.

okosbk.jpg

24109sm.png

So essentially, Hiromu's speed increases to the point you can't even see the green matrix things, Yoko can now fly instead of just jump and gets a Rider Kick, and Ryuji can pull giant objects out of nowhere.

I hope we get to see Ryuji and Yoko's finishers.
So OOO can spell cheetah as cheetar but Gobusters can't call it Powered Costom? Where do we draw the line?
Even without considering the upgrades, it was a decent episode. Though I think J asking Yoko if he can Powered Custom with her is going to send the shippers crazy :redface2:
Why must we go crazy over what we already knew?
However, it also confirms the limitations of Go-Busters= you can't help but feel that that "Messiah card plot" is the result of a retool, and the impact of the battle in episode 29 and 30 is unavoidably lessened; storytelling wise, it's not the best; and of course, it's gonna be difficult to see that "Messiah card" plot as a mere variation of the "Metavirus, install"; and and frankly, Escape is completely overshadowed by Enter.
Storytelling wise if this didn't happen we could of just gotten twenty something episodes of filler until episode 48 when they would fight Messiah. This could of actually been a good thing.

Fangtaku
So OOO can spell cheetah as cheetar but Gobusters can't call it Powered Costom? Where do we draw the line?

I wouldn't mind the "costom" (which, to me, reads as a mix of "custom" and "costume"), except that if you look at the following screenshot, of the attack, it's spelled "custom".