Nice post!!
The Semifinals begin. The two contenders with the most votes from this round will advance to the finals, and one of those two will take the crown as HJU's Favorite Black Ranger. The poll will remain open for a maximum of one week, but the finals may begin sooner than that, depending on how voting goes.

This round of the Black Ranger Battle begins with the first serious upset of the tournament, as a surge for Change Gryphon sends him unexpectedly into the semifinals. I say "unexpectedly" based on the voter turnout in the qualifying rounds, mind. I really expected to see him edged out by one of the contenders in the Heisei qualifying bracket.

Instead, the Heisei bracket sends only two contenders into the semifinals, Black Knight Hyuga and Ninja Black. Voting in the Heisei brackets up to this point has been competitive, with a lot of contenders drawing small numbers of votes. At this point in the tournament, we'll see if the bracket's two strongest contenders have what it takes to draw a larger share of the vote.

Of course, Jetman's Black Condor goes into the semifinal round as the man to beat. He's consistently drawn the largest share of votes in every round, but we'll see if that trend holds as the field narrows. There's enough votes in play that a surge behind one of the other contenders could upset Gai's lead. Of course, it's also possible Gai could pick up more votes in this round, too.

二番目の翻訳者
I am going to log in to defend the honor of AMERICA and its associated ninjas.

Would like to change his avatar
Gai at 5 and Jiraiya at 7...:nono:

That's like Fonzie losing to Joey Gladstone.

Nice post!!
It's a pretty surprising turn of events. That said, I'm pretty sure not all of the vote is in yet. There's definitely enough votes floating around to make a difference, so I'm going to wait a bit and see if they trickle in.

Nice post!!
It's pretty obvious who's going to the final round at this point, so I'm going to begin preparing to open up final round voting. I'm going to write up a slightly more elaborate start post than I did for prior rounds, since this is the tournament's finale.

No Fear, No Pain.
I stuck with Hyuga from the start, but alas the bull has fallen to a condor and a frog. The shame! Oh well, we might yet make it in the inevitable "Extra Hero" catagory.

To be honest i didnot watch gingaman/kakuranger, and i hardly remmber heroes from changeman(i was more amazed by how the story goes than by heroes themselves).

I vote for Black Condor because he is actually smart and is a symbol.

Letting this aside, i have read ideas about what colours mean in sentais, and that those meanings can change from a ss to another ss.

So just to be sure, a black rangers is supposed to be a a strong guy, but what else?Gao Black is nice and kind hearted.BlackBison in Liveman is...well a strong guy.

Do you see others qualities applying to black rangers?