SLICE
I realize there is no really violent super sentai heroe,even though there are some violent super sentais.

I have heard a lot about kamen rider amazon, and i have a question about this one (and other tokusatsu i dont know in general)

Can we really say there are violent heroes,with violent personnality, or is it justa conseuqence about the way action scenes are made(showing blood in a way that makes things violent).

Are there really tokusatsu heroes full of aggresivity that will kill for something else than justice,witha pleasure to shed blood.**A heroe can cut off an head, it can just be a way to defend his life, or just defeat the opponent, that doesnt mean he is violent.

When they have less lethal/bloody means to do it, I think they still count as violent even if they are heroes.

It's the difference between Ultraman Mebius, who cleanly slices through enemies or just blows them up, Versus UltraSeven, who is known to hack limbs off and viciously behead foes.

Super Sentai, from what I've seen, tends to be the least violent of the crowd.

Guyver is another who takes the violence further than he likely should, with gratuitous arm snapping and eye gouging. Really, if the Guyver counts as a toku hero, he gets my vote.

My criteria for violent, brutal hero must meet one specification-they must be sprayed/covered in the blood of their foes at least once. That's typically the point where they've gone beyond the norm.

UltraSeven, Shin, the Guyver and Amazon all meet this. I'm not sure about Gill, and Kuuga counts by technicality. (Sure he was never covered in blood, but he did make one guy burst it everywhere)

Skreeong!
My vote goes to Showa Godzilla. He leveled two cities probably killing hundreds of people, rampages across Japan. Then he saves the world and is forgiven like nothing ever happened, probably out of fear.

If we're including Guyver, then I'd say him for sure.

In the second live-action movie, there's a scene where he slices the abdomen of a zoinoid twice before stepping away and blowing out both its eyes with his head laser. He then finishes it off by pushing its head against a tree till it dies.

Let's not go into the stuff that happened in the manga and animes.

Shyni
Thanks. Looking at it now, it may be a gag (a very strange one), but Decade did make it more violent. It's not just that he put something up Kuuga's butt; he did it to use Kuuga as the head of the weapon.

The weird thing is, it's shown to stick on the back of the final Form Ride, and the transformation shows that that's where Yuusuke's head (or well, what's underneath his head...) goes, despite how his reaction was more "ouch, my rear".

My vote goes to Showa Godzilla. He leveled two cities probably killing hundreds of people, rampages across Japan. Then he saves the world and is forgiven like nothing ever happened, probably out of fear.
Good point. Thread OP did not specify that it had to be transforming heroes. But, wasn't the Godzilla from Godzilla Raids Again onwards actually a separate character than the original?

Last edited:
Super Moderator
Final Form Rides are the absolute worst Bandai gimmick in the entire history of Rider.

I'm currently watching the Showa Godzilla films (up to Invasion of Astro-Monster so far). Sure, he knocks down loads of buildings, and no doubt kills massive numbers of people in the process. But so far in the ones I've seen they've not focussed on showing those deaths. They're left implied, or mentioned in news reports at best. You don't see anything gorey. It depends whether you're more concerned about body counts or the manner in which they happen. Hakaider was mentioned before, but while he kills a lot of people they have a habit of bursting into feathers or being completely sealed in snowtrooper-like outfits. The only "gore" is when he kills another robot and its' inside cabling is all red (so as he gets destroyed they hang out in a way that replicates guts). Personally I don't react to that as much as something like KR Amazon slicing someone's face open.
Good point. Thread OP did not specify that it had to be transforming heroes. But, wasn't the Godzilla from Godzilla Raids Again onwards actually a separate character than the original?
Godzilla dies at the end of the original film. A seperate Godzilla is awoken in the second film, who is the star of the rest of the Showa era films. He starts off as a bad guy, only gradually becoming a hero. The Heisei era films are basically a reboot. The original film IS in continuity but the rest of the Showa films were ignored. It is again a second Godzilla who remains more of a bad guy this time. The Millennium films are basically a series of reboots, and therefore treat Godzilla differently each time. Godzilla vs Megaguirus is the only one to directly state its' Godzilla is meant to be the same one as featured in the original film. The others make it clear it's a second one or leave it vague.

Regardless, each incarnation probably causes many deaths, but as I said before, they rarely focus on it.

It's morphin time! Dragonzord!
I'll go W/ The Abarekiller, or Joker Undead. For Kaiju, Godzilla nvr fails!!

Harumph.

I second this, although only because I just watched Godzilla vs Hedorah. That movie was just nasty in general.

Shyni
I'm currently watching the Showa Godzilla films (up to Invasion of Astro-Monster so far). Sure, he knocks down loads of buildings, and no doubt kills massive numbers of people in the process. But so far in the ones I've seen they've not focussed on showing those deaths. They're left implied, or mentioned in news reports at best. You don't see anything gorey. It depends whether you're more concerned about body counts or the manner in which they happen. Hakaider was mentioned before, but while he kills a lot of people they have a habit of bursting into feathers or being completely sealed in snowtrooper-like outfits. The only "gore" is when he kills another robot and its' inside cabling is all red (so as he gets destroyed they hang out in a way that replicates guts). Personally I don't react to that as much as something like KR Amazon slicing someone's face open.

Godzilla dies at the end of the original film. A seperate Godzilla is awoken in the second film, who is the star of the rest of the Showa era films. He starts off as a bad guy, only gradually becoming a hero. The Heisei era films are basically a reboot. The original film IS in continuity but the rest of the Showa films were ignored. It is again a second Godzilla who remains more of a bad guy this time. The Millennium films are basically a series of reboots, and therefore treat Godzilla differently each time. Godzilla vs Megaguirus is the only one to directly state its' Godzilla is meant to be the same one as featured in the original film. The others make it clear it's a second one or leave it vague.

Regardless, each incarnation probably causes many deaths, but as I said before, they rarely focus on it.
Oh, thanks for clearing that up. So, he's violent in that he causes a lot of damage, but it's not something they really show? So... how is Godzilla towards his opponents? That might be a good way to compare, as humans are tiny little things compared to him, and he could easily wreck populated areas without trying.

Abarekiller is no doubt the most violent Sentai character there is.

I remember the episode where he took the MOTD, started beating the hell out of it, smashed it into a tree and penetrated its stormach with a branch.

We are talking about Abaranger here, where the monsters were usually very goofy and "cute"
I would have freaked out if I had seen that as a kid :laugh: