HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
okay, so I'm currently in Tokyo thanks to a college Study Abroad program, and have been to two different TRUs two days in a row, and found both the WizarDriver and WizarSwordGun out of stock. does anybody know on what day of the weeks do they restock so that I might be able to buy those?

Possibly on Friday/Saturday. Cos' usually the new toys are released on Saturday, and some are leaked the day before.

Otaku University Student
okay, so I'm currently in Tokyo thanks to a college Study Abroad program, and have been to two different TRUs two days in a row, and found both the WizarDriver and WizarSwordGun out of stock. does anybody know on what day of the weeks do they restock so that I might be able to buy those?

Why not head over to Akihabara? I'm pretty sure they'll have them in stock.

Has anyone started a list of the various rings coming out and in which formats? I know we've got the main DX merchandise listing in the first post and candy/capsule information throughout, just curious if anyone has compiled a list of ring info in one place. Search didn't really turn up anything.

On a sorta side-note, this is my first time jumping into the collecting scene after years of telling myself to do it. Which are typically better, the candy or capsule toys? I've heard that capsules usually are but then I see where candies will sell for more (could just be because of the packaging I suppose) but then I know that a lot of people considered the candy Ranger Keys to be better than the capsules. Is there a standard or do they just differ from one product line to the next and we have to find out?

Has anyone started a list of the various rings coming out and in which formats? I know we've got the main DX merchandise listing in the first post and candy/capsule information throughout, just curious if anyone has compiled a list of ring info in one place. Search didn't really turn up anything.

On a sorta side-note, this is my first time jumping into the collecting scene after years of telling myself to do it. Which are typically better, the candy or capsule toys? I've heard that capsules usually are but then I see where candies will sell for more (could just be because of the packaging I suppose) but then I know that a lot of people considered the candy Ranger Keys to be better than the capsules. Is there a standard or do they just differ from one product line to the next and we have to find out?

Capsules are always better.

http://www50.atwiki.jp/wizard_ring/

This wiki has all the information you need, whether you want to categorise it in terms of Candy/Capsule/DX or rings themselves, it's all there.

On the left hand column: 全ウィザードリング means all Wizard Rings, tells you exactly where you can get each ring from. DX玩具, 食玩, カプセル means DX toys, candy toy, capsule toys respectively, they provide the complete list of the rings in terms of release dates.

Fangtaku
Capsules are always better.

I beg to differ. The gachapon Ranger Keys are pieces of crap, with stickers that don't fit right, don't stay on, and look horrible. The candy toys are at least painted, and you can easily paint the black between the "legs" if you need to (the back of the key is a sticker in both).

With reports that the bottoms of the gachapon Wizard Rings aren't painted, I'm assuming that the trend will be continuing here as well.

Have any reviews of the candy toy rings come out yet? I know they weren't due out until the end of the month.

I beg to differ. The gachapon Ranger Keys are pieces of crap, with stickers that don't fit right, don't stay on, and look horrible. The candy toys are at least painted, and you can easily paint the black between the "legs" if you need to (the back of the key is a sticker in both).

With reports that the bottoms of the gachapon Wizard Rings aren't painted, I'm assuming that the trend will be continuing here as well.

Have any reviews of the candy toy rings come out yet? I know they weren't due out until the end of the month.

For the Rider toys Capsules are always better. For Gaia Memories the quality was similar, but capsules provide a larger range of memories whereas Candy toys just stick to the usual memories with the main Heisei Riders. O-Medals are just obvious, die-cast for capsules and plastic for Candy toys, with the ugly QR code at the back. Same for the Astro Switches, though both candy and capsule toys provide DX stickers for some that didn't come with normal DX toys, there is still the QR code at the back.

Candy toy Wizard rings are exactly the same as the capsule ones, the bottom half is not painted. However you get to choose between metallic and clear parts for the wizard rings. Also capsule toys provide a larger range of rings like previous years.

Otaku University Student
Really surprised at the speed in which new rings are introduced. While that's pretty awesome show wise, the toys are really, really lagging behind. Wonder why that is...

Welcome
Can anyone who will buy the Wizard Sword Gun demonstrate the Kick Strike sound for Hurricane and Land?It seems as if NO ONE on YouTube remembers that they have different Kick Strike sounds for each form.Also, can anyone show them shaking hands with it just for kick(s strikes)?

This is slowly turning into the new "spin the Meteor Storm switch" and "show the basic attack sound for the Meteor Storm Shaft" thing...

Thanks for all the info & input Underground.

You're welcome. :thumbs:

Can anyone who will buy the Wizard Sword Gun demonstrate the Kick Strike sound for Hurricane and Land?It seems as if NO ONE on YouTube remembers that they have different Kick Strike sounds for each form.Also, can anyone show them shaking hands with it just for kick(s strikes)?

This is slowly turning into the new "spin the Meteor Storm switch" and "show the basic attack sound for the Meteor Storm Shaft" thing...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwRMwsOyi_4"]DX???????????? DX Wizarswordgun ?????????????? - YouTube[/ame]

This guy does pretty good reviews for toys, bit slow but I suggest you to subscribe him. :thumbs:

Meteor Storm shaft doesn't have a basic attack sound, there's no electronics in that thing, only in the switch. I do agree that it's somehow annoying that people don't spin the switch, I think I only saw a couple of vids actually doing that.