Lurker
Fantastic news. The show always lended itself perfectly to prime-time drama, hopefully they don't make it TOO adult (as in BSG adult), I'd love for kids to be roped into things

S

scikaiju

POWER ON!!!

I can't wait to how they do this.

Now please don't let it suck.

POWER ON!!!

I can't wait to how they do this.

Now please don't let it suck.

Got bad news. IT will mostly suck and be on the Syfy Channel where it will bomb and be replaced with another wrestling show if not COPS. [/sarcasm]

I hope it does succeed because it has this huge metal hero feel and seriously, we need an American tokusatu series that is not Power Rangers, but like GARO.

How was the series anyways?

----

More like, hopefully if this succeeds it will open the door to more mature adaptations of tokusatsu if not shows of this type over here.

No Fear, No Pain.
Captain Power....don't recall this one. Maybe once I see it I will remember more.

EDIT: No wonder I don't recognize it...I was still in diapers and too busy watching Peewee's playhouse and Ghost Busters. Something to look forward to? The original sounded badass.

S

scikaiju

It was pretty good, there were some serious themes, well as serious as they could get with a Saturday morning kids show, but the pushed the envelope where they could. Such as the death of a major character in the season, which unfortunately ended up being the series, finale. and there were some pretty big names doing the scripts, like J. Michel Straczynski(of Babylon 5) and Marv Wolfman. And there was an aidio interview years ago with Straczynski where he was talking that they had like a 3-4 year plan for the show.

In Justice, We Trust!
I'm excited to see what they can accomplish with today's current technology

CRETINS! ALL OF THEM!
I hope they don't try TOO hard to make it 'dark and serious' when the original was already serious...

Would like to change his avatar
I don't know how to feel about this. Part of me thinks you should leave well enough alone. And I assume this would kind of be a reboot, since Tim Dunigan doesn't act anymore, so they couldn't have Jonathan in the show that bears his name?

and there were some pretty big names doing the scripts, like J. Michel Straczynski(of Babylon 5)

I rented the pilot for Babylon 5 because of liking what he did with Captain Power, but I didn't like it and couldn't even finish it. Is the show itself any better?