Back in Black
The story and concepts changed each other. I'm not ignorant enough to deal in absolutes for something which I don't absolutely know to be true. I never said something like the letter "W" was created to look like a belt buckle designed by Toei.

The W is not to completely represent Double. It represents his gimmick. What's his gimmick? A DOUBLE LETTER. What's that? CJ. HM. LT. This also goes for Double's combinations. The alternative is not CJLTHM because it's one letter at a time to complete the letters of the English alphabet except Z which is covered by the movie. Two letters, two episode arcs. Double letters. Double episodes.

Now you're telling me that the next Superman movie might be called "Supes"?
W is for Weather because that is what he was called before the name of the Memory is discovered. Taboo never was called T. Terror was not called T. T-Rex was not called T.

Poor job on ignoring all other points.

Disappear into light!!
W is for Weather because that is what he was called before the name of the Memory is discovered

He was called W because the show wanted to keep the audience guessing the name of the memory. It served as a misdirection to the Memory's true identity and power.

It's not how the Memory/Dopant should be referred to, or have been referred to by anyone, both the show or the fans.

Seriously, dude, I myself use "Double" but when I see W I immediately assume it's the two colored bugman. The Weather Dopant is the Weather Dopant.

Is this for real, you guys had an entire page arguing about how to write the name of a fictional superhero? Even though everyone says it the same?

Last edited:
Back in Black
It's not a misdirection because it really was a W Memory.

So you're saying that Terui should have been looking for the "Memory that killed my family that may have a W on it" and not "W" or the "W Memory"?

I really don't care what you assume. I see "W" within the context of Kamen Rider Double and I think of the W arc.

Yes, it's for real. No, not everyone says it the same.

We're talking about riders turning into monsters.

Kiva's half-blood/dhampir blood could've at least become a half-fangire like monster instead of that dragon creature.

At least in emperor form he can do that, but not fully.

Back in Black
Sorry. I just wish that they would all stop doing the devil's advocate thing. It's becoming annoying at this point.

Super Moderator
Faiz was a Wolf Orphenoch, Blade became a Joker like Hajime/Chalice and Eiji became a Greeed due to the purple dino medals.

What if Shotaro and Phillip became the Joker and Fang Dopants, Kiva had more dhampir powers than the flight style and had a half-fangire form especially Haruto becoming the Dragon Phantom.

I've never been a fan of this idea for one very simple reason. It's basically giving a single character two disparate sets of super powers at the same time. It's like giving a guy Iron Man armor but he can also turn into the Hulk.

It has the vibe of something a bad role-player comes up with. "My guy is a mutant, knows every form of martial arts, is infected with gamma rays and is also a half-vampire cyborg who is the son of Superman and Jean Grey! He carries all the Dragon Balls with him and can see into the future to but better than Kyle!"

Last edited:
^Still, it gives the hero a link to the villian group and perhaps motivation to fight. Kamen Rider is about how they are similar to the monsters in some way but still keep firm hold of their humanity

Nice post!!
Yeah, but the most elegant way to do that is to just say that their Rider form is their monster form. Rider-1 is Grasshopper Man, Double is the Double Dopant, etc.

Giving them a Rider form and a separate monster form very rarely works. It was okay in Faiz, since it made the belts feel more like actual technology, but I haven't cared for the other times the trope has popped up.

I do sorta like Wizard's take on it, where Haruto's "monster form" lives in his head and is a totem animal he has to control in order to use his powers. That's a pretty good compromise.