One of the things that struck me here is with that chick Koyomi's case. She's a homonculi? Man! What a big surprise.

I hope Wizard doesn't start copying OOO the way Fourze copied W. Already it seems we have a pattern of "pseudo-science show where objects are distributed among people to turn them into monsters" and "magical arts show where monsters born from people".

Though I suppose with all of them occurring in one universe it's easier to accept.

I hope Wizard doesn't start copying OOO the way Fourze copied W. Already it seems we have a pattern of "pseudo-science show where objects are distributed among people to turn them into monsters" and "magical arts show where monsters born from people".

I don't see any of that in common with Wizard.

Though I suppose with all of them occurring in one universe it's easier to accept.

You do realize OOO was copying Typemoon and Bones don't you?

No Fear, No Pain.
I perfer my monster to have a little humanity to them. Instead of simply a monster of the week, we get people with problems that the monsters want to use against them. Not to mention when said monster have thier own, very human issues. It is the main reason the Greeed were my favorite rider villians ever. The fangire are a close second.

Super Moderator
I like having different types provided it's done well.

Having humans with issues that make them susceptible to the lure of power works very well for W and Fourze. Having monsters who were once human and still can change into human worked well in Kuuga. At this point they're so divorced from humanity that they still look ..off, even in human guise.

I also enjoy what I like to call jump-out-of-the-bushes monsters like the Unknown in Agito or the lower-grade Undeads. The monsters are more like mini disasters. In this context the heroes are more reactive than pro-active and part of the drama is finding the source of these things and putting a stop to it. Ideally it can be a nice break from having to do a scheme of the week to go along with the monster of the week.

In the original Kamen Rider series once Shocker brainwashed you that was it. Your humanity was gone and you weren't going to get it back by having a snowflake fall on your nose. It was effectively erased and that was the horror of it.

While not exactly original I still like the basic concept of despair and loss of hope making people susceptible to becoming monsters. The idea that a loss of hope and joy is a loss of humanity. I admit that I also just appreciate it on a bit of a meta level. Wherin a lot of crass pop entertainment comes from the idea that darker is always better.

Reminds me of the threat of Ultimate Form in Kuuga and how there was the potential that even if Kuuga defeats the Grongi we could lose him in the process and without Godai Kuuga is just raw terrible power with no conscience to keep it in check. Without his hope we'd be trading one threat for another.

Last edited:
Lurker
Completely unrelated, but I kinda think the insert songs are not that good this time. I mean, I like the songs by Rider Girls, but not as the background music for battles. And it's coming from person who could shoehorn "Key to the twilight" from hack//sign in a battle and seriously tell that it fits...

I'm not a big Kamen Rider fan but this show so far has been awesome! My favorite character other than Haruto is Shunpei. He's just so cute and clumsy ^_^

Welcome
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPvbXsPgAqc"]I knew Kamen Rider Wizard's Rider Belt reminded me of something. - YouTube[/ame]