HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! SUBARASHI!!!!
Basically for Wii you need WiiScrubber to open the sound files, which are in a different format, so it requires loads of processes that I forgot already and can't be bothered to do for this game anymore...

Lurker
Basically for Wii you need WiiScrubber to open the sound files, which are in a different format, so it requires loads of processes that I forgot already and can't be bothered to do for this game anymore...

And all they needed really is to add the vocal versions in the game, and there isn't even a need for the feature. It worked amazingly well for ps2 games.

Lurker
And all they needed really is to add the vocal versions in the game, and there isn't even a need for the feature. It worked amazingly well for ps2 games.

what do you mean by this?

each riders in PS2, or PSX had their songs in their game because its exactly that, their games, Bamco still needs to pay royalties in order to replay those songs when the show is over, the cost is too much for them to do it on CH, Capcom does it for their gundam vs gundam series because it's a money grabber that exists in consoles AND arcade, i don't think CH will sell anywhere near a million so that's out of the question.

Lurker
what do you mean by this?

each riders in PS2, or PSX had their songs in their game because its exactly that, their games, Bamco still needs to pay royalties in order to replay those songs when the show is over, the cost is too much for them to do it on CH, Capcom does it for their gundam vs gundam series because it's a money grabber that exists in consoles AND arcade, i don't think CH will sell anywhere near a million so that's out of the question.

So, vocalless remixes do not require royalties to be paid?

Lurker
Counts as a remix so it is Bandai Namco bending the rules.

not as much as if they put the actual artist singing it that's for sure, and why pay for the fans if they can just slap in a custom soundtrack feature for free and let the fans do what they wanted themselves, the wii are mostly just for kids in JP anyways, which are only attracted to the easy gameplay and flashy characters, teenagers mostly play PSP, they're the ones who cared about the BGM and stuff.

not as much as if they put the actual artist singing it that's for sure, and why pay for the fans if they can just slap in a custom soundtrack feature for free and let the fans do what they wanted themselves, the wii are mostly just for kids in JP anyways, which are only attracted to the easy gameplay and flashy characters, teenagers mostly play PSP, they're the ones who cared about the BGM and stuff.

I don't think this statement is true though, just check Climax Heroes Fourze's gameplay videos on Youtube, most of them are on the Wii, of course people play the PSP as well since it is a portable system but to say that the Wii version is just for kids its a bit pushy.

The main reason why the Wii version doesn't have custom soundtrack is because of the console's architecture. There are less than a handful of Wii games that feature custom soundtrack via SDHC (even though I can only think of ONE game that has such feature) and it is not perfect, let's remember that the Wii can't run MP3 files. Custom Soundtrack on a handheld device makes more sense since you already carry your music for the "mp3 player" mode so the system is already prepared for that.

That is a simple question of architecture, that has nothing to do with target audience IMHO.

Lurker
That is a simple question of architecture, that has nothing to do with target audience IMHO.

then do explain why RG2 for the PSP didnt have said feature too? despite most of the recent toku themed games on PSP that predates it having said feature(including great battle and lost heroes)

Lurker
then do explain why RG2 for the PSP didnt have said feature too? despite most of the recent toku themed games on PSP that predates it having said feature(including great battle and lost heroes)

I am really trying to grasp what that is supposed to prove. psp version of RG2 supposed to disprove that Wii doesn't have mp3 compatibility? It does not. prove that psp doesn't have mp3 compatibility? Definitely not...

Than it's supposed to be a demographic argument. Well RG2 never came out on wii, only on psp and ds. And the whole demographic argument was as follows: psp game is aimed at older demographic and thus has a custom bgm feature, because teenagers do give a crap about that...
So mentioning the psp game without custom bgm feature actually disproves that demographic argument , which means you are agreeing with Thunder.

Just a passing through Toku Fan....
So, anyways who was Ultimate Kuuga char broiling in that shot on the blog? I think it was supposed to be a sneaky reveal, but I couldn't make it out. Looked like Garren, because it was red and silver. Maybe we'll be super lucky and it was Charge up Stronger.